Thread: Anyone got an old air rifle barrel for a project?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Anyone got an old air rifle barrel for a project?

Thirty something years ago at Nottingam Arms Fair (happy days!) for no particular reason I bought three rusty old air rifle barrels on impulse. Like most men, but not women, I never threw them out, and sure enough I found a use for them over the last three years in projects. Now, with a new pistol project in mind I am stuck. The only barrels that seem to be available are expensive replacements for collectable vintage or high-end modern air rifles, when all I need is something rough that I can turn down to pistol size.

So has anyone got an old air rifle barrel that can be as rusty and pitted on the outside as you like as long as the bore is respectable? It can have damaged ends as I only need a useable length of about 10 inches. The calibre is not important, although ,177 would be preferred, and it can be smoothbore or rifled. I will of course be happy to pay a modest price and postage.

Many thanks,
    John

I have a manky old .22 rifle that is pretty darned rusty, but the bore looks okay, if its of interest then the barrel should be reasonably cheap to post, pretty much just looking for the cost of postage as its been sat in my garage untouched for about..... well a looooong time PM if interested

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Hi John,if no one comes up with a .177 barrel then I’m sure I have something suitable but it’s .22
    Feel free to PM me anytime if you don’t strike it lucky with the smaller bore. Atb Phil

manxmangt is offline Running Dog Lackey Of Capitalist Imperialism
    I have a Mk 1 Meteor barrel and breech in .22, needs the paint removing but bore OK
    diligentia didat quid utilius

Brocock Contour .22, HW95 .177, Gamo Coyote .177

I'll have something suitable let me have a look
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Great response fellers. I have pm'd everyone and with any luck will be able to start my projects(s) any time soon.

Thanks to one and all,
    John