Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of air rifles you are selling.

Pics of air rifles you are selling.

Anybody else on here been asked to take the action out of the stock for pics of underneath. Also remove the shroud to take pics of the barrel? Someone asked me to do this with my prosport. Now a expensive gun fair enough but a gun i am selling for £350 i thought it was a bit far. Considering the rest of the gun looks excellent i mean. Anybody else experienced this deep a pic request?

JerryD is online now Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Reasonable on some guns, like a Theoben breakbarrel where incorrect assembly can cause the cocking arms to dig into the action, as they're held in place by the stock.

A poorly maintained rifle may have water damage underneath, and a silencer may be hiding a nasty barrel chop. However, if the potential buyer is expecting perfection and theres a bit of damage there then it may be just a pathway to hassle. On a springer, taking it out the stock can mean zero shift and other such problems, so it could screw up other possible sales leads.

At the end of the day, if you think it's too much hassle you can always ignore them and pass up a potential sale. with them.

Jerry

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    I can understand why someone would want to check this out if they are some distance away from you - only a few screws isn't it? Would you allow them to do that f2f? I suspect that if you refuse they will walk - it's up to you.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

I would do this for a gun of any value if the buyer asked for it
    If I went to look at one and the seller refused to take it out of the stock I would walk away

*edit - I mean taking it out of the stock. Removing the shroud on a prosport is another thing all together!

My first buy on here this was the barrel of a stealth inside the shroud.

Outside looked fine.

Spent more with Leupey getting sorted than I paid for it
    Last edited by angrybear; 26-02-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Why would anyone want to see the barrel of a ProSport beneath the shroud? Anyone ever asked the same of a TX?

...Thought not.

Asking to remove the stock is understandable to a small degree but there’s no way would I even entertain the thought of removing the shroud in order to take pictures. Pointless.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    My first buy on here this was the barrel of a stealth inside the shroud.

Outside looked fine.

That is some purdy filework there.

I don't know the ProSport but if someone doesn't want to remove the action from the stock for a photo, I'd assume they wouldn't want to remove it after a rain shower to dry and oil the rifle so I'd walk away as a buyer. Unless the rifle was never used outdoors...

Having said that, I've never asked anyone to do this....

I would if asked show the action with the stock off. not sure on a shroud as I don't have any with a shroud . There is one buyer on here that I would take a picture of EVERY part before I sold it to him as even a scratch on bolts thread could set him off on a 30 year old rifle

Last rifle I sold on here was in 2012 . A crosman 2250 Kingratcatcher. I took pics of the gun complete with the serial number, Pics of every scratch , Every bit of rust no matter how small , Pics of it stripped to go in the box for posting, pics of it padded out with packing ,pics of it in the box and showing it heavily taped up with the buyers name on it and finally picsof the proof of posting to one of the moderators on here Thank you again for your time on this Delta1). and the buyer got the same pic's also.

It was my first sale and i wanted it to be done right and done so that there was proof if any complaint was made.

The sale went fine and no complaints from the buyer.

So any time I sell anything on here I will take pics of any thing that I would class as being a possible complaint by the seller . Might sound Anal but it could save your name being tarnished without being able to defend yourself

I bought my Theoben Evo from a friend via facebook and I had only seen a few pics of it and I bought due to those pics. I bought it as a used rifle that was probably secondhand to him and it was used in the field by his two boys also . so I expected a few dings to the stock or scratches to the metal work .

IF people buy a 30 year old rifle or pistol that has been used then they should expect signs of wear . If it was stored in its original box from the day it was bought and never fired then maybe it would be "Mint" .

I think people need to realise that even brand new rifles can have slight defects from wear depending on how it was handled in the factory ,in transport or in the shop

Thanks for all your comments. The way i see it is there are two types of airgun enthusiasts.
    1: buys/collects/tinkers&tunes ect and shoots them.
    2: buys/collects. Shoots them for enjoyment.
    As you can gather i am in the 2nd bracket. I cannot think of anything less i want to do than strip them apart especially after my feasco lately with my s300 conversion to a s310 which another welshy on here (p.j.) is kindly going to have a look at for me on friday. (He is also having a look at the guns i am selling also ). I had nothing to hide with my guns and the prosport and webley tracker deluxe are in lovely condition. Any problems or servicing of my guns i normally take to a gunsmith but as dai has now retired in neath gunshop i will have to look for another. So from now on i will stick to purely buying on here and sell my guns on free ads ect. Thank you all for your replies. I appreciated your views and feedback. Many thanks. Chris
    Last edited by WILBA; 26-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I try to do anything reasonable for a sale to help a buyer, if I think it's not reasonable or it's too much effort for the item I'm selling I'll state this and let them decide what to do.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Are you sure you weren't asked to remove the aftermarket silencer you have on your prosport, rather than to remove the shroud?!?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Are you sure you weren't asked to remove the aftermarket silencer you have on your prosport, rather than to remove the shroud?!?
    Nope asked to remove silencer &shroud.&stock. Its no problem now after replies and advice on here. I will sell them elsewhere.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Stock removal is entirely reasonable.

However on a PS the shroud is not meant to be removed, so asking to do so is a bit silly. Plus it tells you nothing on this particular rifle.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post

Anybody else on here been asked to take the action out of the stock for pics of underneath. Also remove the shroud to take pics of the barrel? Someone asked me to do this with my prosport. Now a expensive gun fair enough but a gun i am selling for £350 i thought it was a bit far. Considering the rest of the gun looks excellent i mean. Anybody else experienced this deep a pic request?
    Wow, WILBA my friend ...Not in a million years would I even entertain doing that, and personally, I would also cordially wish the asker all the very best with their ProSport quest, bump my advert afresh, and if needs must (in order to avoid any sales thread confusion), ask a mod to remove any posts they may have placed on said sales thread, too.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.