Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best .25 Springer Sub 12 fpe

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I agree 100%
    I’m putting something together in the quarter bore myself at the moment.
    Sounds interesting Craig, are you bringing it with you to the Bash in April??.
    If yes I will bring a .25 along myself to challenge the Quigley Bucket.
    Les.

My hatsan mod 70 is very accurate, Quattro trigger is very crisp, loves jsb. Was £90 new, but with a six month wait!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I'm sure I read once that they are .243 and they seemed to fit easier than any others and that includes the green Rhino's which didn't seem any better than the Pylarms, I do believe that I got a .22 barrel marked as .25 the first time.

Pete
    FIFY

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    My hatsan mod 70 is very accurate, Quattro trigger is very crisp, loves jsb. Was £90 new, but with a six month wait!
    That is very very cheap indeed, so much so that you can afford the pellets. Oh, I need to send you that brass TP tubing. Will get on it.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    FIFY
    I wish it had of been and strangely enough I did try a .22 pellet in it but it fell straight through, I did buy it from Knibbsy as a "seconds", apparently because of the marks on it but I do wonder if it was a reject because of the tight bore.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Sounds interesting Craig, are you bringing it with you to the Bash in April??.
    If yes I will bring a .25 along myself to challenge the Quigley Bucket.
    Les.
    If I can get it finished mate then yes I’ll bring it.
    But bring yours either way
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

.25 cal

I believe Webley made some FAC Tomahawks in .25".

Following on from the above. Yes Webley did make some Tommies in .25 cal and some in std form. A friend of mine has one but will not part with it.
    Will try and bring my venom HW80 maglaza sub 12 ft lbs to the bash so you can try her. Mach 1.5

I got one on Friday, it was originally an 80k in 22, but i sent it off to Geoff Bullock at LSD, who has fitted a stumpy Knibbs barrel, tuned the rifle & cerakoted it, & supplied & fitted a mod.
    I had issues, so removed the baffle from the mod, & then it became accurate, at 15yds using a red dot sight i am getting 5p size groups.Shot at the range at 20yds yesterday doing some pellet testing, the groups opened up slightly, but then the dot was the dame size as the 45mm targets, even so managed some 25mm groups. I have spare scopes but no spare mounts, so will get a scope on it this week.
    As to pellets, JSB kings, are good, as are Diana magnums(been told these are ftt's ?)BSA pylarms, Milbro rhino's both types, though the white rhino's are a tight fit, & Bisley pest controls, which leave a wadcutter style hole in the paper target.
    Bad pellets were Henry Krank cyclone's & RWS super hollow points.

Just looking forward to a bit more testing of pellets with a scoped rifle.

Rob

I am curious about .25 so I took my V glide HW80 .20 and stuck a .25 barrel on it.

I tested the it with H & N FTT pellets and the firing cycle feels fantastic and it is sailing just under 12 so i might remove a washer to keep it a bit lower.
    Unfortunately, with the weather the way it is i haven't taken it to Pete's yet but i am looking forward giving it a good thrashing.

I'm curious to see how many mildots i have to use on the targets in the longer range.

I had an HW77k in .25

It was great fun and v accurate with open sights up to 30 yards with H&Nftt.
    I never put a scope on it tho.

I sold it to a friend last year who used my weakness for shiny pistols to do a deal.

I missed it so ordered another one 3 weeks ago.

10 weeks delivery!

I very nearly ordered a .25 97 in laminate from Sportsman Gun Centre the other month as they were on offer - but then another rifle came up which would suit plans better.
    But I do like the idea of a .25 77/97.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

They are very pleasant to use as the cocking requires little effort and the pellets are large.
    Suits the older gentleman!

They will say -why don’t you just use a .22 with a heavy pellet?

Then let them shoot a can @ 25 yards with your 25.
    Then try and get it back off them after 10 mins.

The blue laminate 97 at Sportsman is a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I had an HW77k in .25

It was great fun and v accurate with open sights up to 30 yards with H&Nftt.
    I never put a scope on it tho.

I sold it to a friend last year who used my weakness for shiny pistols to do a deal.

I missed it so ordered another one 3 weeks ago.

10 weeks delivery!
    I have the 77 in .25 too, it's really accurate and absolutely Muller's anything it hits.
    I've not had time to do any pellet testing yet.

I guess Mr Rat would hate these guns.
    Last edited by gingernut; 26-02-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    I got one on Friday, it was originally an 80k in 22, but i sent it off to Geoff Bullock at LSD, who has fitted a stumpy Knibbs barrel, tuned the rifle & cerakoted it, & supplied & fitted a mod.
    I had issues, so removed the baffle from the mod, & then it became accurate, at 15yds using a red dot sight i am getting 5p size groups.Shot at the range at 20yds yesterday doing some pellet testing, the groups opened up slightly, but then the dot was the dame size as the 45mm targets, even so managed some 25mm groups. I have spare scopes but no spare mounts, so will get a scope on it this week.
    As to pellets, JSB kings, are good, as are Diana magnums(been told these are ftt's ?)BSA pylarms, Milbro rhino's both types, though the white rhino's are a tight fit, & Bisley pest controls, which leave a wadcutter style hole in the paper target.
    Bad pellets were Henry Krank cyclone's & RWS super hollow points.

Just looking forward to a bit more testing of pellets with a scoped rifle.

Rob
    My Hatsan loved Marksman pellets, 18.6gn iirc & they're about the cheapest out there.

Rhino are .243, White Rhino are Euro 6.35mm also 1gn heavier.

I found that at 25gn muzzle energy "fell off a cliff" with sub 12fpe, I'd advise you don't bother going any heavier, even Pest Control were too heavy but Superfield were OK on the chrono.