Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
What pellets are you using Pete? I heard some stories that the BSA barrels are tight or something, pellets needing to be tapped in with the Master of Hounds personal toffee-hammer, that kind of thing. Is the .25 altogether different to use compared to using a very heavy pellet in a .22?

I've never owned a .25 or a .20.

.20 doesn't really interest me as it will be just like a 9 fpe .177, while the mortar-like trajectory and heavy impact of the .25 might be a lot of fun.
I had a lot of problems with the last .25 Lightning barrel I had, like you say trying to get a BSA pylarm .243 pellet into it was a joke (you had no chance trying to get a proper German .25 pellet into it), even after it was pushed through a .243 sizer and the breech had been reamed out as well BUT I took the plunge and bought another one from Knibbs and was promised that it's a proper .25, which luckily it is, I was using Air Arms pellets yesterday, I wouldn't say it's one hole group accurate but a ten pence piece will cover the group, I was only zeroing it in as well, so not really giving it any proper accuracy testing and in fact I was just enjoying chucking large lumps of lead down to my metal target holder and watching it move around with every shot that connected with it.

Not sure what's going on with my Supersport as it's as docile as hell (and doing 10.5ftp) and seems to be much better than when the barrel was fitted to the Challenger (although that was doing 11.7ftp), may be the loss of a foot pound has made it more enjoyable to shoot and because the Supersport is also lighter it just makes it a really nice plinking set up, I did try some other .25 pellets in it once and I'm sure the AA's were the best but I'll have to have another session when I get a nice day.

Pete