Thread: HW100 Replacement O-rings for main valve

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad

HW100 Replacement O-rings for main valve

Hi All

I need to replace the two O-rings that are on the main valve of my HW100K. The main air cylinder is fine, as I filled it up a couple of days ago and it has remained full. The problem is when I screw the cylinder into the main valve assembly it just loses its air quite rapidly. I have sourced the o-rings necessary and they are £2.50 each from an online parts supplier. Is there any place I can source them in bulk a bit cheaper ?, as I would like to have a few spare. Also is the task of swapping the o-rings an easy thing to do or is it a gun shop job ?, as I don't want to damage my air rifle.

Regards

Ian

Two HW 100 polyurethane cylinder seals £2.50 on the evil bay (do not use rubber on this particular part of the rifle where the cylinder screws on). Complete seal kit around £10. I found the 100 an easy rifle to work on.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks for the information

First i would think it is only the small o-ring you can see when you have removed the cylinder that you need to change, easy to do use a pin,if you are thinking of changing more 0-rings I.E. the other o-ring behind the main valve you really need to take pressure of the regulator , all quite easy to do but you will need a Chrony to set the gun back up.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Thanks for your reply. I suspect it is just the small o-ring, but have ordered a full seal kit just to be on the safe side. I will chrony the gun once the seals have been replaced.