Thread: What's the consensus on FX rifles?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What's the consensus on FX rifles?

I've never really looked at them, no reason why, so don't have any opinion about them.

What are they like?
    Are the smooth twist barrels on all their rifles and what is so good about smooth twist?
    Is the UK importer good?

What's your experience of them like? In terms of quality and accuracy, who would you compare them with?

Very good in Fac
    Acta non Verba

Quote Originally Posted by mick a View Post
    Very good in Fac
    but in sub 12?

Matt duber (airarms sa) loves them but thats the fac version he has done a few videos on the barrels compared to walther and hammered aswell as barrel harmonics and twist rate.

As for sub 12 i dont know, it would be good to know as i quite like the new crown.

I also like the new daystate wolverine R. That has the walther barrel i believe. (It might be the lother barrel)
    Last edited by ElmerFudd.177; 25-02-2018 at 09:36 PM.
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerFudd.177 View Post

As for sub 12 i dont know, it would be good to know as i quite like the new crown.
    And that is part of my reason for asking also
    Just don't see many FX about....

I have a sub 12 ft/lbs FX Cyclone.
    I have had it for about 10 years now and have never had a problem with it.
    It doesn’t have a smooth twist barrel because of its age but has always been very accurate.
    I have always liked this rifle.
    My shooting Buddy has an FAC one about the same age as mine and again has always been very accurate and never given any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT View Post
    I've never really looked at them, no reason why, so don't have any opinion about them.

What are they like?
    Are the smooth twist barrels on all their rifles and what is so good about smooth twist?
    Is the UK importer good?

What's your experience of them like? In terms of quality and accuracy, who would you compare them with?
    inovators always thinking forward and pushing the boundaries my impact is awesome massive shot count deadly accurate light and a 21 shot mag what more could you want
    Last edited by max29aug; 27-02-2018 at 05:30 PM.

I had a wildcat .22 sub12
    It was kinda pellet fussy but was incredibly accurate with AA hunters/jsb stratton and FAP, it never missed a beat and it was perfect apart from one thing I didnt get on with, the 8 shot mag and the ability to dry load it, and it seemed on every simple shot I had Id dry fire with Mr Rabbit hopping away. To be fair this was more of an issue for me after years with a 17shot rapid, lots of shots and no dry loading. Id buy another FX without a doubt

Chris
    Last edited by 32:1; 28-02-2018 at 04:25 AM.
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars