Thread: What I've learnt shooting HFT

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    The routine now was you will not shoot unless the aim is pointing naturally at the middle, no muscling, think like you did with the black cards, just let it sit, and be pointing at the middle, you will not shoot unless its stable and naturally pointed at the middle, (will not!), when my wife says no, you don't argue!
    Those are the simple parts, when you are getting there the effort shifts to maintaining a degree of precision, precision in the set up of your position, precision of your aim, follow through, all aspect of your technique, and if its not perfect, reject the shot and start again.
    Nicely put.

I've been competing in HFT with a springer for the last year and it's finally all coming together.

I've been learning 10m pistol and found it helps my HFT standing shots no end:
    I get in my natural standing position with my eyes closed then open them, if I'm not pointing at the target I reposition my feet.
    I fitted a hamster to my rifle so it naturally sits perfectly at my eye level for standers and kneelers, it just sits there.
    Same natural aim point apply's for kneeling shots too, if I'm 'muscling' the rifle onto the target I shift my position, then try to let my body 'sag' so I'm still on target but not under muscular tension.

Work's more often than not!

I'm concentrating on the mental aspect now.
    Great blog by the way Dan.

Cheers,

Matt.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 31-03-2018 at 10:23 AM.