Thread: New Yellow forum

New Yellow forum

For anyone wondering what happened to the old US yellow forum, it has migrated to a new home:

www.yellowforum.com
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Cool that your helping to continue these forums, I find US forums to not very vintage oriented. At a time I am getting enthusiastic there seems to be fewer interested here? They all seem consumed by the pumpers of their youth, which is fine but they have little appreciation or knowledge of other guns? And many want the latest most powerful guns, just can’t relate to that.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Cool that your helping to continue these forums, I find US forums to not very vintage oriented. At a time I am getting enthusiastic there seems to be fewer interested here? They all seem consumed by the pumpers of their youth, which is fine but they have little appreciation or knowledge of other guns? And many want the latest most powerful guns, just can’t relate to that.
    It's true that the Yellow doesn't have much vintage content, and tends to focus more on the modern airguns, but the sheer number of airgunners on that forum makes it an important resource. Several of the regulars on the Yellow are experts in vintage US airguns, I think, and don't post elsewhere.

But as you have discovered, the real experts on vintage US airguns can be found on the American Vintage Airguns forum. Some of its regulars are experts on European airguns too.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    It's true that the Yellow doesn't have much vintage content, and tends to focus more on the modern airguns, but the sheer number of airgunners on that forum makes it an important resource. Several of the regulars on the Yellow are experts in vintage US airguns, I think, and don't post elsewhere.

But as you have discovered, the real experts on vintage US airguns can be found on the American Vintage Airguns forum. Some of its regulars are experts on European airguns too.
    Actually was not talking of Yellow forum don’t know it that well, but other US forums. I’ve always been confused by the Network45 format?
    Last edited by 45flint; 28-02-2018 at 01:31 AM.

Thanks for that Garvin. I love the yellow.. great resource for information.. if I hadn't seen this post I probably would have spent ages looking for it through the network54 site as 45flint mentioned.
    I pop in to the yellow once or twice a month and keep myself up to date with goings on. There's always a hot topic, and the sheer ingenuity of some of the engineers on there is amazing.
    One thing that annoys me though, is their vintage rifles always seem to be in grade A+ condition with extra fine engraving and exhibition stocks!!!!!
    Donald