Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW98 Luxus New edition to the HW range?

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Looks like beech with a walnut stain.
    Thats what sellers on here say when trying to sell beech as walnut.
    Master Debater

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    If they did make a "luxury shank of walnut" model, I bet it would be in the modern fist-hole style after the HW100.
    Or that other fugly walnut stock found on the 35E

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hw98 luxus

Well a friend has ordered one so we will see what it's like once it arrives!!. Mach 1.5

Its fine if you like a 95 with heavy front end.

As an aside, in mainland Europe you can also buy a HW95 Supermatch which is basically an HW95 action with Barrel sleeve and open sights sitting on an HW98 stock, a nice combination in my view. TBMK they are not available in the UK and HCC couldn't order one in for me as they couldn't find them listed.

Vic Thompson.

It would be interesting if they brought out a 98 stocked 98 with a 98 barrel ... in Walnut ...

... because that would mean you'd need to remove the buttpad, drill a huge hole in the back of the wood, and fill it with lead, so that it balanced something like it needs to with that sleeved barrel.

Or ... you could just have it in Beech ... and be more concerned with how it shoots rather than how much the Walnut matches your Realtree lederhosen ... which is probably why the Germans leave their rather splendid springers in Beech. Although the Germans do like a drop of lederhosen.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    As an aside, in mainland Europe you can also buy a HW95 Supermatch which is basically an HW95 action with Barrel sleeve and open sights sitting on an HW98 stock, a nice combination in my view. TBMK they are not available in the UK and HCC couldn't order one in for me as they couldn't find them listed.

Vic Thompson.
    Sportswaffen seem to offer a couple of variants (look at the 'match' models):

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...2_944_950_2041

I wonder if they are just making them up themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Sportswaffen seem to offer a couple of variants (look at the 'match' models):

I wonder if they are just making them up themselves?
    I wouldn't be surprised, most of the obscure models dont seem to be available elsewhere, but they arrive in seemingly untouched HW packaging ,may be they order them as specials from the factory.

Just been on their website. Seems they do a few versions of the 97?. Mach 1.5

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post

Just been on their website. Seems they do a few versions of the 97?. Mach 1.5
    They are not factory versions as such I believe its just that shop swapping stocks and actions around.
    Master Debater

I can't comment too much on the above threads apart from saying that the box that my HW95 Supermatch came in is marked as such along with other script denoting the heritage/origins of such rifle. TBMK it's a 100% genuine HW Manufactured HW95 Supermatch (which consists of an HW95 action and barrel fitted with open sights and barrel sleeve sitting on an HW98 stock).

Vic T

They also do a '98 Supermatch version, with the '98 stock, '98 barrel shroud fashioned for a front sight, and a diopter on the back. My friend Ray has one.