Thread: Milbro SMKs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Luke Nash who owns SMK bought the name and good will of Milbro from the Receiver. Mildenhall has long gone. Milbro pellets are made by Lanes of York for them in new moulds as the old ones were auctioned off by the same Receiver.
    What's wrong with sticking an old name on an import rather than seeing an old name consigned to the history books. As Chinese airguns go, SPA makes a reasonable product to wear the Milbro name.
    If the likes of AA won't make a new break barrel because of costs, there isn't much chance of SMK investing in a new range.
    As for Morris 1100's, they couldn't be any worse than what British Leyland turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    Luke Nash who owns SMK bought the name and good will of Milbro from the Receiver. Mildenhall has long gone. Milbro pellets are made by Lanes of York for them in new moulds as the old ones were auctioned off by the same Receiver.
    What's wrong with sticking an old name on an import rather than seeing an old name consigned to the history books. As Chinese airguns go, SPA makes a reasonable product to wear the Milbro name.
    If the likes of AA won't make a new break barrel because of costs, there isn't much chance of SMK investing in a new range.
    As for Morris 1100's, they couldn't be any worse than what British Leyland turned out.
    British Leyland was no worse than what the rest of what Europe had to offer As far as Milbro, most things now are just brand names bought by someone, just look at Chinese motorcycles, AJS and Benelli to name two. There's more Italian in a Yorkshire pudding than in the modern Benelli
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    British Leyland was no worse than what the rest of what Europe had to offer As far as Milbro, most things now are just brand names bought by someone, just look at Chinese motorcycles, AJS and Benelli to name two. There's more Italian in a Yorkshire pudding than in the modern Benelli
    It's just annoying. If the motorcycle actually had something in common then it might be quite a good idea. I would probably actually almost maybe consider buying a 'Chinese' Benelli if it was an up-date on one of the 'real' Benellis like the 650 Tornado, or the 250/4 Quattro or the 350/4. In fact they might be better finished and less rust-prone and would certainly have better electrics than the originals.

Check out the tiny 4-cylinder 250 ...

http://tanshanomi.com/benelli-250-quattro/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It's just annoying. If the motorcycle actually had something in common then it might be quite a good idea. I would probably actually almost maybe consider buying a 'Chinese' Benelli if it was an up-date on one of the 'real' Benellis like the 650 Tornado, or the 250/4 Quattro or the 350/4. In fact they might be better finished and less rust-prone and would certainly have better electrics than the originals.

Check out the tiny 4-cylinder 250 ...

http://tanshanomi.com/benelli-250-quattro/index.html
    Yes remember those days
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.