Thread: Walther LP Mod 2 Tool

Walther LP Mod 2 Tool

I have a leaking LP2 that needs some TLC.

Laurie Armatruda repaired it a few years ago but it has now failed again and I would like to get to grips with it myself.

Does anyone know how I would source the tool to remove the 3-holed cap on top of the action so that I can access the O rings etc?

Many thanks

Steve

Homemade tool

Get 3 wire nails that fit hole perfectly. Holes are only 3mm deep so cut point off a test nail first and clean up end with diamond file or stone. When you have wire nails of correct snug fit, cut 3 to a length of about 15-18mm leaving points on. Clean up ends and put blunt ends into holes. you should then have 3 points sticking up. Get a piece of oak or similar hardwood about 1" square and about 5" long. Position middle of oak(This is your handle to give leverage) above nails and tap oak lightly with a hammer. Lift off oak, turn over and you should have 3 pin pricks indicating where to drill 3 holes about 12mm deep(must be snug fit). Replace oak over points and tap down. Tool now made. Remove rear-sight if not done already. A few drips of WD40 around plug and leave over night. Hold pistol firmly, pushing tool onto top of plug and twist.

Let me know if it works as I have a LP Mod.2. NOT made tool myself. MIGHT work. MAYBE try for loan/purchase of real thing before hand.

Best of luck...Vian.
    costalot

Never found them to be very tight to remove. I just use two pin punches in two of the holes using mole grips. You can also use a screwdriver or similar between the pins at the same time as a lever if it is tight.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

lp2.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    You could try something like this....

https://www.screwfix.com/p/circlip-p...eces/8656v#_=p
    Most certainly circlip pliers are the thing, can be used for a lot of jobs with holed and slotted plugs etc.

Successful repair

Huge thanks to Pete on this BBS who very kindly (and trustingly as we have never met) loaned me the right tool. Most humble thanks.

Cap was very tight so most grateful to have the correct fit.
    Problem then apparent. O ring had shifted and half of it was trying to pass down the barrel :-)

New O rings ordered and fitted.

Now fires better than ever.
    Also sourced this from Amazon that will do the job nicely in future as long as cap is not over tightened.

Tool on its way back as I type.
    Great fun :-)

I need to work out how to reduce picture size ....

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    I need to work out how to reduce picture size ....
    Reduce them on "Paint" to around 250kb or less.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD