Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me scratch the itch please

Now we have the Schofield too.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

Now we have the Schofield too.
    Indeed we do, as championed at post #4 because like you, I am an avid Schofield fan, too (am currently anxing about getting a distressed black pellet shooting example to complement my coffee tinted BB one, but my wallet keeps intervening, so may have to wait until a nice one comes up at a sensible price second hand) ... Viva la Co2 retro revolver collecting !!!

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for all the suggestions - my itch is now scratched. Came home today with a Dan Wesson 715 2.5" nickel. Wow. I am seriously impressed, and I haven't even fired it. The weight, balance, appearance and general mojo make it handle just like I imagine its real steel counterpart does.

This is by some distance the highest quality CO2 replica I've encountered. I know that ultimately it's still a disposable, pot metal toy that we pay through the nose for, but all of the things that make a pistol so satisfying are delivered here in spades.
    I'm the last person you think I am, unless you think I'm Neil Armstrong

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by CaineIsCarter View Post

Thanks for all the suggestions - my itch is now scratched. Came home today with a Dan Wesson 715 2.5" nickel. Wow. I am seriously impressed, and I haven't even fired it. The weight, balance, appearance and general mojo make it handle just like I imagine its real steel counterpart does.

This is by some distance the highest quality CO2 replica I've encountered. I know that ultimately it's still a disposable, pot metal toy that we pay through the nose for, but all of the things that make a pistol so satisfying are delivered here in spades.
    Fantastic news my friend and WELCOME to the retro club (lol) ... Am glad I recommended the 2.5" to you now (as @ post #4 and post #7 above): good skittles matey, and enjoy.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 17-03-2018 at 08:06 PM. Reason: to ad post references.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    I'm a bit late to this one but here's my take. I have 2 x Colt SAA's, a pellet, aged finish, Schofield, a Webley MkVI & a Dan Wesson 715 2.5". My thoughts on them are, Colts, love the click clack when you cock it, the Schofield is as perfect a replica you could wish for, the same also applies to the Webley, it has the best sights of any of them IMO. Lastly the DW, what a little gem of a gun. Probably the best feeling grips I've ever held, great fit & finish. I use mine with the moon clip shells which make loading & unloading so much easier. If I had to pick just one it would be tricky but I'd go with the Schofield.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it