Thread: Pcp target pistol shsot count

Pcp target pistol shsot count

Post removed
    Last edited by boof; 05-03-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by boof View Post
    How many shots per fil on average do you et from one fill on a pcp match pistol please?
    thank you
    It depends on model, cylinder size, power set up and calibre.

For example, I get around 60 shots from a Steyr LP50 compact set at 5fpe and in .177, I've adjusted it down a touch to 4.5fpe, so the shot count will go up slightly - possible around 70 now, but I have not shot form the full 200 bar on it as my main air cylinder is only at 180bar just now. They also do a "standard" version with a slightly bigger cylinder, it will do another 10/15 shots - so you could now be looking at 80/90 shots.

As you can see, it will depend on all the above, as all these figures are different, but all correct.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Pardini K12 - set at 480/490 fps - over 100 from 200 bar fill down to 90 bar; certainly enough for a 60 shot course + practice.

Benelli Kite - similar again from 200 bar fill down to 90 bar.

Steyr pistols tend to use a lot of air but should have enough for 60 shot course and practice from 200 bar fill.

Morini and Walther LP400 are similar from my observation of fellow club members pistols.

Short or compact versions of all the above will have fewer shots but most have 2 cylinders so should not embarrass you by running low mid comp.

Hope this helps,
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Shot count

Steyr LP10 full length gives 160-170 set at around 525fps
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

I have enjoyed shooting all of the known PCP match pistols over the years (pre Arthur) and always noticed that Steyr pistols use a lot more air than any other type.

The Steyr match pistols are not very efficient users of air (some of us say they are just plain "greedy") when compared to other manufacturers match pistols but this has never done anything to dampen my pleasure of using them.

I have owned and used LP1. LP10. LP10E and LP2 match pistols and really enjoy shooting them - but they do use a lot of air!

Fortunately "air is free" (well not quite) but as Mike says this should not be a problem as long as both air cylinders are charged before going shooting as you will have more than enough air in each cylinder for an average nights club shooting - or a full ISU match
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Morini 162ei - gives 200 shots from a standard length cylinder filled to 200 bar and running at about 495fps.

Steyr LP10 standard length.

200 bar fill.

120 consistent shots with the velocity set at 525 fps with 7 grain RWS Match before the velocity drops about 10 fps every shot.

Plenty for a 60 shot course plus sighting shots

I dont know how many shots before the cylinder is empty..... I've never emptied it
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/