Thread: Old Scope ?

Old Scope ?

Just dug this out the man cave

It's marked OHTA 4 x 32 and has a German no 1 reticle. Super condition with just a few marks on the windage cap. It's a 25mm body. Any idea of value?

[IMG]DSC01268 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC01269 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG]german-1-reticle by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Generic early-80s-ish Japanese gloss scope in near-mint condition. Nice.

I reckon you could get thirty to fifty quid for it. Which is a bargain compared to what that buys in new budget Chinese glass.

Ironically, you could get more if it wasn't an almost unknown brand. The identical item, from the same factory, but marked as Optima or Tasco, even Nikko Sterling or Original, would sell for more. Especially on E B ay, where sometimes silly prices are achieved for average stuff.

If I was you, I'd keep it and use it, carefully, on an old sproinger.
    Last edited by Geezer; 28-02-2018 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added last sentence.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    No idea but I like it!

Classy piece of kit. I feel that I would want to put it on an HW35 Luxus, and use it to shoot sugar-lumps off fence-posts.

Sure is a lovely scope. I have a bisley 4x40 from the mid 80s, which is a very similar looking scope and is as clear still as the day I brought it.

Thanks for the comments chaps. Now I think I may try and put it on one of my old Hammerli rifles

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Thanks for the comments chaps. Now I think I may try and put it on one of my old Hammerli rifles
    Indeed, a good choice for a classic Hammerli 401 or Model 4. Get the 13mm mounts though or it will be canting like a Cockney on Friday night.

What have you got by the way? Most people don't even know what a Hammerli is, and few admit to owning one.

Scope

I've got a Rhino version just like it. Just love gloss finish old school glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Indeed, a good choice for a classic Hammerli 401 or Model 4. Get the 13mm mounts though or it will be canting like a Cockney on Friday night.

What have you got by the way? Most people don't even know what a Hammerli is, and few admit to owning one.
    I have collected Hammerli for about 15 years and by good fortune have an example or two of every model they made.

I thought of putting it on a Cadet - however may opt for a Junior model as it will go straight onto the rear sight rail

[IMG]DSC02036 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

I didn't know the CO2 Cadet existed! I thought they just made the match rifle with the pop-up breech and the Master etc range of pistols.

I want one! Looks like a Mannlicher.

Where can a Cadet be gotta hold of, do I need to go to Germany?

You might find one at Kempton. Two varieties to be had,single shot and a ball repeater. Both have rifled barrels and use a 12grm powerlet or bulk fill CO2.
    The single shots are a very elegant design.

[IMG]DSC01979 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

And I thought I had done with collecting...

Thanks for pics and info.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Just dug this out the man cave

It's marked OHTA 4 x 32 and has a German no 1 reticle. Super condition with just a few marks on the windage cap. It's a 25mm body. Any idea of value?
    That looks exactly like an Original mod 10 4x32 scope I used to own - Japanese, same reticle, same everything except the branding. I bought it new in about 1982. It was the brightest, clearest scope I ever used and although I've owned numerous scopes since, none has ever come close to its brightness.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    That looks exactly like an Original mod 10 4x32 scope I used to own - Japanese, same reticle, same everything except the branding. I bought it new in about 1982. It was the brightest, clearest scope I ever used and although I've owned numerous scopes since, none has ever come close to its brightness.
    'Cause they were lit by the star-light of the Goddess Diana herself. You wouldn't get that on rebadged Chinese tat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    'Cause they were lit by the star-light of the Goddess Diana herself. You wouldn't get that on rebadged Chinese tat.
    ...Or maybe I could just see better in those days.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.