Thread: Feinwerkbau P44.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tufty View Post
    Bob,the only FWB I have ever shot was a 103, which had the best trigger I have ever used
    I was also fortunate enough to be the "temporary custodian" of an FWB 103 and agree that it had a superb trigger.

My 103 was a mk2 (these came in a similar pale blue colour to the early P44 match pistols) and the trigger on the P44 felt very similar.

The P44 failed to gain any real international support and few (if any) could be seen in use at any of the international championships during its production life span.

Maybe Feinwerkbau did not succeed in finding any suitable competitors to sponsor - or maybe the high sight line was not a desirable feature during the time period that it was in current production, but this lack of exposure would appear to have affected its desirability as a serious choice too and most opted to spend their "hard-earned" on a Steyr or Morini instead!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I bought my P44 from a fellow club member about 5 years ago at a very good price although I owned a Morini 162EI for at least 10 years then but thought I would 'have a change'.
    I kept both pistols for about 6 months not being able to decide which I preferred and in the end I sold the Morini which,on reflection, I think was a big mistake. Both pistols had their merits and the high sight line on the FWB never bothered me but I think the Morini was the better pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    I bought my P44 from a fellow club member about 5 years ago at a very good price although I owned a Morini 162EI for at least 10 years then but thought I would 'have a change'.
    I kept both pistols for about 6 months not being able to decide which I preferred and in the end I sold the Morini which,on reflection, I think was a big mistake. Both pistols had their merits and the high sight line on the FWB never bothered me but I think the Morini was the better pistol.
    Your thoughts regarding the Morini being the better pistol is something that I agree with - at least thats what I thought at the time as I actually bought a Morini 162ie after I sold my last P44 !

I never regretted buying the Morini but several years later I think it would be nice to own a P44 again.

If I can find one at an affordable price I would enjoy owning one again and shooting it at the club for a change now and again - and I do have a good choice of grips already!

Still interested in a nice P44 - if the price is right!

Too many guns, or not enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by Modski66 View Post
    I am away until Monday next week, but I will enquire after I have seen one that has just turned-up locally.