Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini cannon

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    I have three table top cannons with barrels of between 11 and 12". They are all section 1. It doesn't matter if they are smoothbore or rifled (except for competition purposes) as they are under 24" barrel length. Anything over 24" and with a bore up to two inch can be held on a SGC. Obviously the small ones are more dangerous in the eyes of officialdom! This little tiny one would def be section 1.
    I wasn't arguing with the fact that it is Section 1, I was concenred that the PTB would object to a Section 1 firearm that had a 2" barrel. In any event, it would have to be imported via a RFD, who would have to have it proofed before he could pass it on to the prospective owner.

Seems like way too much trouble for a novelty that in most other countries in the civilised world would be viewed as a Christmas tree decoration.

tac

Mini Cannon

These have been for sale [on THE other site] for months ,with full instructions on how to make yous own powder to power them. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Seems like way too much trouble for a novelty that in most other countries in the civilised world would be viewed as a Christmas tree decoration.

tac
    Reminds me of when I was working on a Shell tanker back in the late 1960's. I made a pair of naval cannon, complete with carriage and all the fittings for use as book ends. Barrels were 6" brass with 1/4" bore. I sold them to a chap on the ship for £25, more than a weeks wages then. Could well be still sitting on someone's bookcase now.