Thread: Mini cannon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world

Mini cannon

I saw this item on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-A...013849&sr=8-57
    and was curious how Amazon could be selling it, as they aren't an RFD. I contacted the seller, who said it wasn't sold as a firearm & they could ship directly to me in the UK from China.
    Anyone think this is likely, I expect Customs would stop it. But I'm interested in Amazon's & the sellers legal stance here.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    I saw this item on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-A...013849&sr=8-57
    and was curious how Amazon could be selling it, as they aren't an RFD. I contacted the seller, who said it wasn't sold as a firearm & they could ship directly to me in the UK from China.
    Anyone think this is likely, I expect Customs would stop it. But I'm interested in Amazon's & the sellers legal stance here.

If it's drilled through to the chamber, then it is not only a firearm, but likely, with a teeny barrel like that, to be classed as a concealable weapon and therefore prohibited under the Firearms Act.

However, don't let that stop you from buying one. Let us know how you get on, eh?

tac

Although this would be a fun little item, and free from restriction in the USA and a lot of the sane world, it would undoubtedly be restricted here - the only debate would be sec 1 or sec 5.

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    Although this would be a fun little item, and free from restriction in the USA and a lot of the sane world, it would undoubtedly be restricted here - the only debate would be sec 1 or sec 5.
    Well, it's a VERY short smoothbore, for a start, so it's at least Section 1, but I'd be more concerned about the 'offensive weapon' aspect.

tac
    Last edited by tacfoley; 03-03-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Section 1 in this country, we shoot them at club.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

I agree with tac. I think it would be a prohibited firearm.

I know cannons are legal here, but I thought they had to be a minimum length with a bore no larger than 1-1/2".(The 1-1/2" might only apply to punt guns)?

I'm interested to know what is allowed, just in case I fancy getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by DedIdick View Post
    Section 1 in this country, we shoot them at club.
    Even so short?

Elucidation would be appreciated, since I'm floundering here.

tac