Thread: HW35 valuation ?

HW35 valuation ?

pick this up a while ago its a hw 35 mk1 i think serial no993187 on barrel and made in germany.the barrel is a bit rusty but the rest looks ok even got leather sling and i think original slip.just wanted to no if it is collectable and how much would it be able to sell it for many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jack russel View Post
    pick this up a while ago its a hw 35 mk1 i think serial no993187 on barrel and made in germany.the barrel is a bit rusty but the rest looks ok even got leather sling and i think original slip.just wanted to no if it is collectable and how much would it be able to sell it for many thanks
    Off the top of my head, the serial number puts it as a 1983 gun --- I bought a similar gun off Micky2 last year for £100.

It should have 11mm scope grooves, double sided safety and synthetic sealed piston.

All the best Mick

hw35

thank very much mick so would it be mk1 thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by jack russel View Post
    thank very much mick so would it be mk1 thanks again
    Nope. The 35 came out in the 1950s, with no safety (later a single-sided safety), 13mm sight rails and a leather piston seal. Those features changed in the roughly 70s through 80s period, leading to the spec yours has, which has remained unchanged since around 1980-81.

It is still mildly collectable. Value really depends on condition, precise model (is it an E or an L?), and the extent of rust, presence of open sights, whether it needs a service. Stuff like that.

Any 35 of that vintage that is in OK condition is worth £100. Only rather good ones are worth twice that, or more. There are just a lot of them about.

What's the difference between an E and the L ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    What's the difference between an E and the L ?
    The 'E' (Export) used to be fitted with a 22" barrel and had a walnut stock with a pistol grip cap and cheekpiece. It also had the scallops at the front for grip. The 'L' (Luxus) was a standard barrel length (19") and whilst also having a walnut stock, the front was slab sided (no scallop) and it wasn't capped on the pistol grip. Both used to be fitted with slings mounts IIRC.

Modern HW35 E's have the standard length barrels.

hi, did some of the exports come with a 19 inch barrel.atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by mdunn View Post
    hi, did some of the exports come with a 19 inch barrel.atb mick
    Yes, the E denotes walnut stock only and not barrel length, though it's fair to say that most E stocked guns sold in the UK back in the day seem to have come with the 22" barrel it was possible to order them with a 19" barrel.

The HW35 EB which was produced for Beeman's US sales were sold with just the 19" barrel.

thanks for that mick,I have 1 with no safety catch. atb mick

Thumbs up

Hi

The 'L' had a raised comb too whereas the 'E' didn't..

Also, The Luxus had a flat bottom on the forend, The Export was rounded..

This is a Luxus, The raised comb can be seen above the cheekpiece.

I don't really have a decent pic of the flat bottomed forend

No raised comb on the Export, The rounded underside can be seen as well as the finger grooves on the forend (And the pisol cap)..

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Lovely photos of your rifles john and a great description. My Vixen has a L stock with a 22 inch barrel, but that was a custom ordered rifle back in the day. For the rifle in question you may get more for it stripping it down and selling component parts.