Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
I've got a few Sports and slightly more 45s. I can say that I enjoy shooting both marques. In respect of quality of manufacturing I would say both models are on equal par. However the trigger on the 45 is in a different league to the Sport and is more robust.
As a shooting platform the 45 certainly works better for me on a personal level. The Sport is a cracking gun but the 45 seems more stable and good accuracy achieved tad easier.
Not taking anything away from the Sport as I hold it in high regard. But as I've pointed out before here there is a bit of a herd mentality when it comes to what people consider a practical classic.
I too would put the 45 ahead of the Sport personally though you won't go far wrong with either....
The Sport has the better handling and points so well. Looks sportier too. But the 45 is probably a better mousetrap. That weight forwardness is a boon to shooting in the field against wind. The trigger a whole lot better too. Darn good rifle, every bit as good as a HW80. Only thing letting it down is the stock isn't quite sexy enough; walnut and some cheek piece contouring set off with some checkering would do it.
Thats from a FWB Sports fan.