Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original 45

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Nice gun, nice job !
    Now why can't I drop on a deal like that ?

You'll be doing it with a vintage Telecaster next !
    I wish mate

Took some pictures of it today took the silencer off (two long ) WOW their big pictures

Scope

Original 45

Thats in deent nick for it's age well done there!

got my 45 out of the loft last yr and had it overhauled and refurbished it looks spot on as does yours-britains 1st magnum springer!

Thumbs up

Can't grumble at fifty sovs for that Mally!!

I have two and a half O45's

.177 Jubilee but with the panels and badge robbed out I bought it off here for not a lotta wonga!!

One and a half .22 ones The full one had an Ox crammed in along with the nut and washer, It made it oversprung and wouldn't latch, It never fired a shot in years, I stripped it, Removed the weights from the piston along with copious amounts of Copperslip!! It's shoots fine now but even after washing all the copper grease off, It still dieselled for a while!

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 10-03-2018 at 10:55 AM. Reason: cuz eye karnt spel proply innit!!
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Can't grumble at fifty sovs for that Mally!!

I have two and a half O45's

.177 Jubilee but with the panels and badge robbed out I bought it off here for not a lotta wonga!!

One and a half .22 ones The full one had an Ox crammed in along with the nut and washer, It made it oversprung and wouldn't latch, It never fired a shot in years, I stripped it, Removed the weights from the piston along with copious amounts of Copperslip!! It's shoots fine now but even after washing all the copper grease off, It still dieselled for a while!

John
    First one I ever had mate I had a 50 and a Diana 30 something or other firebird but I didn't like that one
    I must have owned twenty odd FWB Sports and never really thought about the 45
    Will try it on sunday and see if its worth doing up a bit or selling on

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    First one I ever had mate I had a 50 and a Diana 30 something or other firebird but I didn't like that one
    Sounds suspiciously like a plan mate

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    I am the pretty much the opposite and FWB Sports have passed me by. They really would have to be pretty special to
    hold a candle to the 45. Ive always thought the Original is one of the best springers ever made in unless there is something incurable holding yours back, it will be worth keeping.
    I have a few about the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I am the pretty much the opposite and FWB Sports have passed me by. They really would have to be pretty special to
    hold a candle to the 45. Ive always thought the Original is one of the best springers ever made in unless there is something incurable holding yours back, it will be worth keeping.
    I have a few about the place.
    I've got a few Sports and slightly more 45s. I can say that I enjoy shooting both marques. In respect of quality of manufacturing I would say both models are on equal par. However the trigger on the 45 is in a different league to the Sport and is more robust.
    As a shooting platform the 45 certainly works better for me on a personal level. The Sport is a cracking gun but the 45 seems more stable and good accuracy achieved tad easier.
    Not taking anything away from the Sport as I hold it in high regard. But as I've pointed out before here there is a bit of a herd mentality when it comes to what people consider a practical classic.
    I too would put the 45 ahead of the Sport personally though you won't go far wrong with either....

Original 45 To1 trigger

I've owned 2 45's .20 rifles and still have one, better than a ( dare I say ) Hw95

but has anyone every seen or owned a To1 45 ?
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I've owned 2 45's .20 rifles and still have one, better than a ( dare I say ) Hw95

but has anyone every seen or owned a To1 45 ?
    Interesting 45/ 95 viewpoint, 55T. I havent owned one and they are rare.
    The 45 T01 is a 3 ball triggered 34 in a 45 look a like stock. I have a 3 ball 34 and it is a nice, if very plain looking gun.
    Last edited by Drew451; 11-03-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    I've got a few Sports and slightly more 45s. I can say that I enjoy shooting both marques. In respect of quality of manufacturing I would say both models are on equal par. However the trigger on the 45 is in a different league to the Sport and is more robust.
    As a shooting platform the 45 certainly works better for me on a personal level. The Sport is a cracking gun but the 45 seems more stable and good accuracy achieved tad easier.
    Not taking anything away from the Sport as I hold it in high regard. But as I've pointed out before here there is a bit of a herd mentality when it comes to what people consider a practical classic.
    I too would put the 45 ahead of the Sport personally though you won't go far wrong with either....
    The Sport has the better handling and points so well. Looks sportier too. But the 45 is probably a better mousetrap. That weight forwardness is a boon to shooting in the field against wind. The trigger a whole lot better too. Darn good rifle, every bit as good as a HW80. Only thing letting it down is the stock isn't quite sexy enough; walnut and some cheek piece contouring set off with some checkering would do it.
    Thats from a FWB Sports fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The Sport has the better handling and points so well. Looks sportier too. But the 45 is probably a better mousetrap. That weight forwardness is a boon to shooting in the field against wind. The trigger a whole lot better too. Darn good rifle, every bit as good as a HW80. Only thing letting it down is the stock isn't quite sexy enough; walnut and some cheek piece contouring set off with some checkering would do it.
    Thats from a FWB Sports fan.
    I like the stock on the 045. Perhaps the little amount of contact contact with the jaw when on aim allows the rifle to recoil in a more uninhibited manner? Like an HW77. Cannot agree the 045 has a better trigger than an FWB Sport, they are both carp.. The 045 has a defined "hang up" between stages. The HW 80 beats both.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    I like the stock on the 045. Perhaps the little amount of contact contact with the jaw when on aim allows the rifle to recoil in a more uninhibited manner? Like an HW77. Cannot agree the 045 has a better trigger than an FWB Sport, they are both carp.. The 045 has a defined "hang up" between stages. The HW 80 beats both.
    I ended up with your old 45 and found it's (modified )trigger quite unlike any other i have used. I could detect no hang up in it, certainly. I immediately knew the gun had been put to serious use. But different folk look for different things in triggers and it didnt suit me. It was a bloody sweet gun though. And outstandingly accurate.
    I had a HW80 for about ten years and i thought a lot of it. But in my opinion your 45 was the better gun.
    Last edited by Drew451; 12-03-2018 at 03:02 PM.

HW has the Rekord trigger, but the 45's triggers are good, well can be set up to a close good second to a Rekord, though they are different in a few ways. There are things I like more with the 45 than the 80. Not much in it, down to personal taste. Both great rifles.