Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Original 45

The trigger on the 45 is rather good with a good clean predictable let off when you get use to the fat straightish blade.Not a great deal of adjustment but neither has the FWB Sport which is a bit heavy compared felt even more so with plastic blade of the MK1.

The HW80 trigger is better & hard to beat but a good performing 45 might surprise you considering its trigger is less adjustable & is powered by its leather piston seal.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    The trigger on the 45 is rather good with a good clean predictable let off when you get use to the fat straightish blade.Not a great deal of adjustment but neither has the FWB Sport which is a bit heavy compared felt even more so with plastic blade of the MK1.

The HW80 trigger is better & hard to beat but a good performing 45 might surprise you considering its trigger is less adjustable & is powered by its leather piston seal.
    It's a good trigger compared to a BSA Mercury of the same era for example but still carp. As regards accuracy the 045 is simply outstanding but it won't last as long pellet for pellet as an HW80 or FWB Sport, and thats from an 045 fan...

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    there has been one hung up in the maintenance workshop ever since I started working for the firm I am at ! always thought it belonged to the Electrician ( who used it to shoot feral pigeons off the office roof ) He left last year to go live in france . Working in there last week and I saw it was still there so I had a proper gander at it Its what you would call used condition but has a period scope and silencer , So I asked " has mick left his airgun ?" to be told that it was never his and belongs to the firm Soooo Today I offered one of the directors £70 thinking its probably worth that ! he said " thats my old airgun I bought it new in the 80s how about you give me £50 for it " Picking it up tomorrow
    Great break barrel springer. A original Mod 45 in .177 was the first rifle I bought at auction (This was only last year so not that long ago). I paid £85 for it at a Ryedale auction. So adding fees on top it was around £110ish.

I was a bit miffed since the gun was missing the silencer and sights.... but I guess that's what you get for bidding online

I think mine was made in 07 82 (the date will be stamped on the cylinder somewhere).

Sold it to my brother to finance the purchase of a old BSA under lever off a chap on here

Have you shot it yet? Mine looked hardly used, no rust and the bore looked like it had less than 100 pellets through it!

My grandfather has one in .22, I used to be a member of Pontefract air rifle club when I was a young teenager back in 2008. He lent it to me back then, it is fitted with a nice silver crown scope. Though his was in much rougher condition (Missing the safety and he shortened the cheek rest since it was too high for him.... at least he admits doing so was a mistake).

I also remember that both mine and my Grandfathers kept puffing out 'smoke' after every shot, which although made it look cool, made me worry that maybe it was a bit too powerful, though I never did test it....

Overall a great rifle for the price. Built like a tank and accurate to. Just be sure to lube the barrel pivot every so often as they do tend to be hard to 'break' the barrel sometimes :P