Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Falcon Owners Forum - Access?

I put this on the Falcon Forum yesterday as i feel that the issue should be addressed.I'm sorry that my efforts to get someone from the forum to sort the problem have so far failed.

NO NEW MEMBERS

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:04 pm #1
    It was brought to my attention that prospective new members are unable to join this forum, Two people on the BBS have tried without sucess one of them for nearly two years the system will not allow them to do so. The Forum has become very quiet of late most probably because of the Facebook forum which i do not subscribe to. Unfortunatly if there are members going to Facebook who are unable to join this forum then what prospects has this forum got for the future ,i can only see one outcome as less and less people use it and it will inevitibly die a death which will be very sad. Can the Mods on the forum please address the problem so that we can welcome new members after all the forum is a mine of information and should continue.

Thank you very much indeed for your efforts - they are very much appreciated!

I do hope you are successful as I am a very reluctant Facebook user - I can't stand the format and really regard it as a necessary evil.

Quote Originally Posted by copperjacket View Post
    Thank you very much indeed for your efforts - they are very much appreciated!

I do hope you are successful as I am a very reluctant Facebook user - I can't stand the format and really regard it as a necessary evil.
    Ditto i don't do Facebook for the same reason, not even got an account.

I take it you didn't get a reply?

I take it you didn't get a reply?
    Eh yes i have had a reply which is ongoing , I will leave it like that at the moment but if things carry on as they are i will be selling my Falcons which is very sad although i will be keeping my two Titans, !!!!!!!!!

I set up a Facebook account a short while ago just for access to a couple of groups that friends are on.

I thought I'd join the Falcon owners group as well as I own and like an FN12.
    Although I was already a member of a couple of shooting groups, they blocked me.
    ...... They can stuff their group.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    I set up a Facebook account a short while ago just for access to a couple of groups that friends are on.

Although I was already a member of a couple of shooting groups, they blocked me.
    You taking your fn12 and going to play at home? to be fair it does sound a bit snooty!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    You taking your fn12 and going to play at home? to be fair it does sound a bit snooty!

Mate, I'm heart broken, I was hoping for some new niche mates but, it wasn't to be - I'm stuck playing soggy biscuit with the FN12 on my lonesome

To be fair though, it's a cracking little rifle. It may be old but, it's very slick and accurate. I'll bring it out next time you're down here.

All of the above.

Mate, I'm heart broken, I was hoping for some new niche mates but, it wasn't to be - I'm stuck playing soggy biscuit with the FN12 on my lonesome

To be fair though, it's a cracking little rifle. It may be old but, it's very slick and accurate. I'll bring it out next time you're down here.
    I feel like fx will have fallen from grace, Ted will have given up shooting and tony belas will just be a name of some long gone person associated with a long told legend of a gun manufacture called day state & The airgun holy grail by the time I manage to get over to you again!! Lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I feel like fx will have fallen from grace, Ted will have given up shooting and tony belas will just be a name of some long gone person associated with a long told legend of a gun manufacture called day state & The airgun holy grail by the time I manage to get over to you again!! Lol
    Ok, I'll come over to you mate - I've got some pellets for you to try anyway

I'll bung you a text tomorrow.

All of the above.

I have just posted your comments on the Falcon Forum hoping that it will perhaps get someone to do something about the problem. I live in hope.

Is it a technical issue, a health issue or a dog in the manger issue?

Is it a technical issue, a health issue or a dog in the manger issue?
    Thats a good question as i hav'nt had any diffinitive answers just answers that skirt round the questions and a few answers that start with IMO. Pulling my hair out now, its a great shame as although not a very active forum the guys on there are very helpful and have a great amount of knowledge to help people out but if it carries on without new members it's going to die a death IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpygit View Post
    Thats a good question as i hav'nt had any diffinitive answers just answers that skirt round the questions and a few answers that start with IMO. Pulling my hair out now, its a great shame as although not a very active forum the guys on there are very helpful and have a great amount of knowledge to help people out but if it carries on without new members it's going to die a death IMO.
    There has been some response and a reply posted from one of the top dogs on there

That's good news as so many threads on this site refer the query back to the Falcon Website. The hope is that the cumulated knowledge can be more readily accessed in a user friendly environment!