Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official morini importer

What a Stunner!

I think the latest Morini match pistol looks superb and that it has finally received a long overdue and very tastefully executed update.

It will be nice to see one "in the flesh" and give it the "once-over" to see if the quality is as good as it's looks, but knowing Morini - it probably will be.

The lack of "adjustability" for the grip has always been one of the few criticisms made against the 162ie match pistol and that has now been taken care of and the design update certainly brings the top Morini match pistol bang up to date.

The trigger blade looks to be the same as the 162ie so it will only be adjustable for length - good for some, but not for others!

We have yet to see what technical advantages are claimed for the new pistol, but any improvement over the 162ie would make it a formidable performer as there is not too much wrong with the current models ability to win.

It needs to be good - the new LP500 is another really nice up to date design and is a real stunner that will attract a lot of attention.
    Last edited by zooma; 09-03-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

[QUOTE=nickm marshall;7454116]You don't have to buy it!

very disappointed,are you ok??

[QUOTE=craig9mm;7454832]
    Quote Originally Posted by nickm marshall View Post
    You don't have to buy it!

very disappointed,are you ok??
    Ha ha. I feel I have let the side down. However.... more than happy with all my Steyr's.

Although thanks to Zooma Bob. I have just been looking at the new Walther LP500.

That looks lovely in Black.

I need a couple of hours with the LP500, anyone played with one yet ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

[QUOTE=nickm marshall;7454883]
    Quote Originally Posted by craig9mm View Post

Ha ha. I feel I have let the side down. However.... more than happy with all my Steyr's.

Although thanks to Zooma Bob. I have just been looking at the new Walther LP500.

You absolutely NEED (and must have) a black LP500

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

new pistols

Both the LP500 and the new Morini have only been official announced this week, prototypes of both have been in the hands of a few world level shooters, but both have been officially announced an shown at the IWA show in Germany which started on Friday. Sadly strictly restricted to trade only.

It will be a while before both filter out, I think the LP500 looks very innovative

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

[QUOTE=nickm marshall;7454883]
    Quote Originally Posted by craig9mm View Post

I bet I will see you at Aldersley before too long with one or the other...
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

Never say never

[QUOTE=Modski66;7455184]
    Quote Originally Posted by nickm marshall View Post

I bet I will see you at Aldersley before too long with one or the other...
    But it's more likely to be the Walther than the Morini.

[QUOTE=nickm marshall;7454116]You don't have to buy it

"you don't have to buy it"!!! you OK m8,

Gonna wait a few months to gauge feedback but in my "jumble" opinion the only criticism I would have for the 162ei was the lack of adjustment in the grip and now they've fixed it, not that I need adjustment as I have a custom made Rink that's that's no reason not to buy a new pistol.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Morini

Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    That is a good link!

The brochure shows the pistol in much more detail and the spec. sheet helps too.

No doubt the pistols that will be coming on sale very soon will also have lovely selected walnut grips like the one shown !........but I do like the new yellow and orange air cylinder colours - makes a nice change.

Notice "New training Mode"
    Training plug with random function
    Evo 10 Compact.

The grip design is "thumb down " position which goes against everything Ive read and been trained to do.
    Always pref thumb parallel to the bore.No muscle strain and relaxed hold.
    Dont fancy putting polyfilla on whats likely to be a £2k gun.V disappointed

Craig, is it thumb down ? I could be wrong but to me it looks like the end of the thumb is free (as it should be) to remain parallel to the bore. In one picture is does look like thumb down but I'm going on the picture that shows it completely side on.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

No doubt the pistols that will be coming on sale very soon will also have lovely selected walnut grips like the one shown !.
    The wood on that brochure one is superb, any bets on the customer ones anybody?

Hi Craig
    Yep, the grip looks a bit forced thumb down too me, natural un stressed would be straight?

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?