Thread: Valve seal for Crosman 38C

Valve seal for Crosman 38C

The valve seal for my old 38C pistol has crumbled. Does anyone know what it was made of or the dimensions of it. Would delrin be a possible replacement for it or is there a better material. Managed to get round the leaking pipe and the stripped thread on the valve seat. I'm hoping replacing the seal will get it shooting again. Thanks for reading.

Doug

Hi you can get a complete kit for the 38t and 38c from the bay for about £2o

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Worth asking Lawrie Armatruda if he can make you one up...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

think I used carbon filled ptfe on one of mine seemed to work fine

Thanks for the replies. Looked at the blog about Lawrie. Just ordered some nylon 66 to try. Might get some ptfe as well.
    Thanks again.
    Doug

Just an update on the seal. Saw a reference to the seal on a blog and they got one from JG Airguns in America. Had a look at their website and not only did it have the seal in a 38C seal kit, but they also had the piercing lever and bracket for my C40. Ordered on the 16 Feb, dispatched on the 23rd, arrived 28th. Cost just over $50 including postage and insurance of $18. Cleared through customs at this end as only had value of $24 on the paperwork. In real money the total cost to me was about £37. Just fitted the seal kit to the 38C, fitted a CO2 capsule and happy days. No leaks, and working pistol. First time it's been working for about 15 years. Had around 50 shots before power really dropped, and there was a fair bit of fast firing. Great fun. Just got to sort the C40 now. Highly recommend JG Airguns.

Immortal gas guns!

Blokes like John Groenewold and Dennis Baker can keep your CO2 and pneumatic guns shooting for ever-for very little outlay of money and effort.