Thread: Supported Air Rifle Shooting - early days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reptilemarine View Post
    Brill, thank you

SARS is still very popular at our club and is shot every Tuesday evening.

Anyone who is interested in "having a go" and can get to our club in Rossendale on a Tuesday evening would be welcome to contact me by PM so I know if you need to borrow a rifle (or use your own) and when you are coming.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Supported air rifle and supported air pistol shooting is now also shot at 6 yards in the current MPL competitions.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks Bob, for your efforts to get this interesting event off the ground in the UK, in Europe to say its massive, is an understatement, the CEO of Walther told me that its their biggest sporting market now covering small bore and air.

We are still fighting for the future of Norwich City Target Club, fighting for a lease renewal or a new site, but in the meanwhile we need to rebuild the club to a stronger position, and develop membership, and as such we will be introducing disciplines other than ISSF 10 mt match rifle and pistol, and rested rifle and Pistol (Auflage) we plan to be amongst them, as well as bell target, so rested will be coming to Norfolk!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Thanks Bob, for your efforts to get this interesting event off the ground in the UK, in Europe to say its massive, is an understatement, the CEO of Walther told me that its their biggest sporting market now covering small bore and air.

We are still fighting for the future of Norwich City Target Club, fighting for a lease renewal or a new site, but in the meanwhile we need to rebuild the club to a stronger position, and develop membership, and as such we will be introducing disciplines other than ISSF 10 mt match rifle and pistol, and rested rifle and Pistol (Auflage) we plan to be amongst them, as well as bell target, so rested will be coming to Norfolk!

Have Fun
    Robin
    The MPL postal series along with the Lancashire and Norfolk clubs can lead the way for Supported Shooting in the UK.

Supported Air Rifle Shooting (SARS) and Supported Air Pistol Shooting (SAPS) is not as easy as people who haven't ever tried it seem to think it is - in fact some that have tried it for the first time at our club have said that is is much easier to shoot freestanding as the body is a wonderful shock-absorber - and this is totally lost when the rifle or pistol is balanced on a very small tangental footprint between it and the hard surface of the 50mm steel bar.

I will send you some pictures of my cheap and easy to make bar holder's that we made and use to hold the 50mm dia steel bars. We had our bars cut to 125mm long and they just drop into the plywood holder so the bar can be turned or lifted out if or when required.

The holders can be easily mounted on top of any suitable stand. We use heavy duty speaker stands as they are rock solid, inexpensive and look good too!

Using these stands makes it easy to shoot SAR at 10 meters or at 6 yards (or any other distance), so if you do get the bell target shooting started at the traditional British 6 yard distance you could also shoot SARS at 6 yards too and maybe you could see if anyone would like to enter the MPL postal series - the first and ONLY current competition for SARS and SAPS shooting in the UK!

Good luck with your efforts to save your club.
    Last edited by zooma; 07-11-2018 at 04:06 PM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Bell target

Our ranges are all set up for ten metres, so we will look at doing Bell at ten metres, does any one shoot bell at 10mts?.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Our ranges are all set up for ten metres, so we will look at doing Bell at ten metres, does any one shoot bell at 10mts?.
    We have some of RedBobs bell targets in our club range alongside our regular target holders and we shoot them at 10 meters - but only for fun!

They make a nice change from shooting paper targets as they are permanently set-up on the range and the evenings often end with some bell ringing!

What surprises me is the number of times that I may be having a bad night shooting my 10 meter targets and I take a few casual shots at the bell target and get some nice clean rings along with some very close "edge shot" misses.

The 3/8" hole in the bell target is a size that I would like to be able to group all my 10 meter shoots into !

We often wonder why the bell target inspires better results than we can achieve on the official 10 meter targets?