Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Then venerable Tenex name returns to Eley match pellets

Then venerable Tenex name returns to Eley match pellets

Eley Tenex Match Pellets.

ELEY Tenex air pellets deliver exceptional accuracy, 30% greater weight control than any competitor, and damage-resistant packaging. The proof of their performance is in their early success: We gave prototype pellets to three elite shooters at the European Championships in Hungary and the ISSF World Cup in Mexico. We came away with four medals and a new World Record.
    Stats:
    Flat head match pellets
    .177 (4.49 / 4.50 / 4.51
    Weight: 8.2gr

http://www.eley.co.uk/eley-tenex-air-4-51
    I sell TatarGan in the caliber of the pope. Iron sits in the crocodile. A light bun turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen K View Post
    Eley Tenex Match Pellets.

Stats:
    Flat head match pellets
    .177 (4.49 / 4.50 / 4.51
    Weight: 8.2gr

http://www.eley.co.uk/eley-tenex-air-4-51
    I still have several sealed tins of the original Eley Match pellets from when they were available and widely used in the 1970's - but I never recall the Tenex name being used before.

The original Eley Match pellets were made by H&N - do you know who is making and badging these pellets for Eley?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Eley are manufacturing themselves as far as I know.

Update:

They are made by ELEY at our factory in the UK, alongside our .22LR production lines.
    Last edited by Citizen K; 14-03-2018 at 11:11 AM.
    I sell TatarGan in the caliber of the pope. Iron sits in the crocodile. A light bun turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I still have several sealed tins of the original Eley Match pellets from when they were available and widely used in the 1970's - but I never recall the Tenex name being used before.

The original Eley Match pellets were made by H&N - do you know who is making and badging these pellets for Eley?
    According to Eley's US Website, the Ventus pellets are being made by Eley themselves in Birmingham. In which case it would follow that the Tenex pellets are also their own.

Of course the US tend to play faster and looser with advertising standards. They don't explicitely say Birmingham on the UK website, though they do use language to suggest they're their own pellets:

At ELEY we make all our pellets to extremely tight weight tolerances and can claim over 30% superior weight variance within a batch.
    Using a word like "make" would be interesting to the ASA if they didn't actually manufacture the product.

I did have it in my head from somewhere else that they are indeed making their own pellets, but I can't recall where or from whom I heard it.
    Last edited by Hemmers; 08-03-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Quote Originally Posted by Hemmers View Post
    According to Eley's US Website, the Ventus pellets are being made by Eley themselves in Birmingham. In which case it would follow that the Tenex pellets are also their own.

Of course the US tend to play faster and looser with advertising standards. They don't explicitely say Birmingham on the UK website, though they do use language to suggest they're their own pellets:

Using a word like "make" would be interesting to the ASA if they didn't actually manufacture the product.

I did have it in my head from somewhere else that they were making their pellets, but I can't recall where or from whom I heard it.

Very interesting and thanks for your input.

I share your doubts about whether or not these pellets will actually be manufactured in Birmingham (UK) - but I hope they will be.

It would be great to have top quality match grade pellets made in the UK - for the first time ever (?).

For many years it has been very difficult for any of us that shoot match air pistol or match air rifle to buy anything that is actually made in UK that we can use, so I really hope these pellets are the start of some British made products that are aimed at the target shooting market.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Igor's pistol shooting blog gives a slightly vague but nevertheless favourable review of the Tenex pellets:
    http://toz35.blogspot.co.uk/

Sure hope theyre better than the .22 Tenex
    ATB,
    yana

Eley tenet pellets

And the .22 match. Never all go in the center !!!

When they going to make a Tenex dome version for hunting?
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Whats the difference between the Tenex and Ventus pellets, can only see Ventus available for UK
    Last edited by nige346; 21-03-2018 at 05:33 PM.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

I think I've seen an old 'Eley/Tenex' poster at our club, possibly with some 10m pistol shooters in the background.
    I'll get a photo next time I'm there and remember

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    It would be great news if they are made in the UK. I’m sure we’re just as capable of making a top class pellet with the right investment.
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    It would be great news if they are made in the UK. I’m sure we’re just as capable of making a top class pellet with the right investment.
    They are made in the UK.

They are made by ELEY at our factory in the UK, alongside our .22LR production lines.

Eley Ventus vs Eley Tenex?

Have ordered a box of Eley Ventus as they are £4 cheaper than the Eley Tenex. I hope they will solve all my 25 yard benchrest woes. Have you tested either of these brands? Is there much of a difference between them? More importantly, are they better than the market leading makers such as JSB, H&N, QYS, RWS et al?
    Millimetres matter

Quote Originally Posted by Heugher View Post
    Have ordered a box of Eley Ventus as they are £4 cheaper than the Eley Tenex. I hope they will solve all my 25 yard benchrest woes. Have you tested either of these brands? Is there much of a difference between them? More importantly, are they better than the market leading makers such as JSB, H&N, QYS, RWS et al?
    I would be very surprised if they are better than round nosed pellets such as those manufactured by JSB & QYS at 25 yds

Myself and all of the benchrest shooters that I know have found that wadcutters are great at 10 metres but cannot match the Exact/Express pellets of JSB or the heavy streamlined pellets made by QYS at 25 yds.

Quite a number of benchrest shooters can regularly hit 250 - 16+x’s at 25 yds with JSB & Qys pellets, but I have never seen a 250 shot with wadcutters.
    However give them a try you never know.
    hold me back !!