Thread: BSA Supersport .25 value

BSA Supersport .25 value

Hi, had this Supersport 25 for a couple of years, I maybe need to trade it for something else, just need to check value please.
    It’s got what looks like an original piece on the end of the barrel to screw a silencer into, no open sights due to this. Looks like the barrel is a carbine, definitely shorter than a meteor. Also has a maxi rail.
    Shoots lovely.

I thought I could post a picture, obviously not :-(
    Stock and bluing are in good condition, 1 small mark on stock.

Thanks!
    Last edited by mrgeoff; 08-03-2018 at 12:59 PM.
    Thanks - Geoff.

I have a .25 Supersport (early/mid 80's pre-Gamo) which I've had for years but think I paid about £90 for, in good condition. I would say it is probably worth around the £120 mark now, though I wouldn't part with it! Should give you some idea.

Cheers
    Greg

No real premium for the .25 when other rifles seem to carry a good premium?

No way would I sell for such a pittance, I’m only thinking of doing a trade for something I really want!
    Thanks - Geoff.

I would have thought if it was originally a .25" rather than a rebarrelled jobbie it could make more. Perhaps the appeal as a user is limited by the funny BSA bore sizing and appeal as a collector's piece limited by it's relative youth?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I guess it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, perhaps my estimate was a little conservative. Bare in mind though that a Supersport can be bought brand new for £185 (not sure whether .25's are more??) so £120 is 2/3 of new price which is pretty fair isn't it?

Cheers
    Greg

BSA Supersport .25 value

Trouble with them is theres only 2 available pellets left they shoot well since mibro went down the tubes. bsa pylarm & marksmans, all the german better quality .25 cal pellets are far too tight in the bore & too heavy at sub 12ft/lbs & need re-sizing . So for that reason if it's to actually shoot, I'd pay less than for a good .22 or .177 supersport. To a collector it's a different matter someone may pay £150+ who really had his heart set on one.(Maybe if in really good nick) Sounds like yours is the carbine model btw.

If I remember correctly the Supersport with the small plenum chamber on the end of the barrel was the SS carbine. The end cap screwed off to allow an additional silencer to be installed. They were supplied with open sights so the lack of these would affect the value for most collectors and some shooters.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by IanSea View Post
    If I remember correctly the Supersport with the small plenum chamber on the end of the barrel was the SS carbine. The end cap screwed off to allow an additional silencer to be installed. They were supplied with open sights so the lack of these would affect the value for most collectors and some shooters.
    As above they would of had open sights fitted from new and a raiser block would have been fitted under the rear sight as well to compensate for the barrel weight and maxigrip rail.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    A similar chamber as the RB2 Airsporter Carbine, Superstar and Goldstar as they took the screw on "single chamber" BSA moderator.
    “An airgun or two”………

Thanks for the feedback, however I must try and correct the value due to the sheer amount of offline interest even though the rifle is not for outright sale.
    I feel as though anyone else using this data in the future will be potentially selling themselves short, 150 is going to be much more like it, and maybe more for a collector as suggested. Must be quite a desirable little rifle in this caliber as I originally thought!

PS, I have had no real issue finding the Green Rhino pellets that both this and the Superstar Carbine 25 love. I still have 2 tins currently.
    I sold the Superstar Carbine .25 as the Supersport Carbine 25 is simply more fun and easier to use, so a better .25 rifle for plinking, and given the interest, I guess a few people feel the same way :-)

Cheers!
    Thanks - Geoff.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    .25 is an excellent rifle for plinking especially for shooters with waining eyesight like mine. Easier to load the bigger pellets !
    “An airgun or two”………

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Out of interest whats the usable trajectory like on the .25 Geoff?

I usually use it on the 25 yard plinking range, no issues at all. At another place, its a nice challenge to hit the 35yd spinners and bells, but its dropping a bit much after that!
    Thats with the Rhinos in the BSAs, or the light H+N FTT 6.35 n the HW95. With the sub 20 grain pellets they both perform quite well.
    Thanks - Geoff.

If I remember rightly the factory .25 supersport had an external adjuster for the transfer port.