Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: lyman 4500 lube sizer heater

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    leeds, west yorkshire
    Posts
    10,665

    lyman 4500 lube sizer heater

    any one got the plate or the tube version for the above at reasonable cost.....if not i shall use our lasses hairdryer lol
    email...... stephenbarrow@ntlworld.com
    3 bed static at thornwick bay to let 2016....pm for details

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    St.Leonards on sea
    Posts
    18
    If one doesn't turn up, if you put a metal plate ( i use a piece of ally) between your press and the bench that extends out about 4 inches and sit a travel iron on it, you can adjust the heat and it works very well and costs under 20!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    leeds, west yorkshire
    Posts
    10,665
    Quote Originally Posted by 20's plenty View Post
    If one doesn't turn up, if you put a metal plate ( i use a piece of ally) between your press and the bench that extends out about 4 inches and sit a travel iron on it, you can adjust the heat and it works very well and costs under 20!
    might have to do this as the heaters are stupid money
    email...... stephenbarrow@ntlworld.com
    3 bed static at thornwick bay to let 2016....pm for details

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ashington, Northumberland
    Posts
    857

    Heater

    I up-graded to the new one with the rear pin heater in a few years ago,
    one of the best things I have ever spent s on,
    drill a hole in yours and buy the cable heater,
    you will not regret it,
    go spend some s,
    T

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    leeds, west yorkshire
    Posts
    10,665
    Quote Originally Posted by TALL View Post
    I up-graded to the new one with the rear pin heater in a few years ago,
    one of the best things I have ever spent s on,
    drill a hole in yours and buy the cable heater,
    you will not regret it,
    go spend some s,
    T
    i have that version too but cannot source a pin heater but was quoted 85 for the heated base plate
    email...... stephenbarrow@ntlworld.com
    3 bed static at thornwick bay to let 2016....pm for details

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    i have that version too but cannot source a pin heater but was quoted 85 for the heated base plate
    You can get the pin heaters for 3D printers on for about a fiver. They are normally around 20W which is the same power as the Lyman heater.

    They are normally 12V so you will need a power supply to run it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    leeds, west yorkshire
    Posts
    10,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Glevum View Post
    You can get the pin heaters for 3D printers on for about a fiver. They are normally around 20W which is the same power as the Lyman heater.

    They are normally 12V so you will need a power supply to run it.
    bought a 40 w 12v and it works a treat.....
    email...... stephenbarrow@ntlworld.com
    3 bed static at thornwick bay to let 2016....pm for details

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Enfield
    Posts
    394

    Hi

    Hi guys, interested in the above thread can anybody provide some more info and some pics regarding the pin heater and how it works please. cheers

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    leeds, west yorkshire
    Posts
    10,665
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
    Hi guys, interested in the above thread can anybody provide some more info and some pics regarding the pin heater and how it works please. cheers
    i bought this off the auction site ......item number 122904053273
    connect via an illuminated 12v switch and 12v power supply.....wether a bike / car battery or 12v transformer with good output supply.
    warms up is around 20 mins
    email...... stephenbarrow@ntlworld.com
    3 bed static at thornwick bay to let 2016....pm for details

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Enfield
    Posts
    394

    Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    i bought this off the auction site ......item number 122904053273
    connect via an illuminated 12v switch and 12v power supply.....wether a bike / car battery or 12v transformer with good output supply.
    warms up is around 20 mins
    Thanks for the info 👍
    Did you drill into the machine or a metal block and then place then place lube sizer on top? Cheers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •