Thread: AA S200 10 Shot Conversion - Pellet Choice?

AA S200 10 Shot Conversion - Pellet Choice?

Does the magazine cycle/load well with flat head as well as domed pellets? I read that lubed domed pellets load/cycle best, but interested to know whether flat heads work as well? Thanks in advance.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

So presumably flat head pellets transfer from the magazine to the barrel as well as domed pellets - no problems with jams?

I would of thought flat heads are no problem its weird pointy pellets you might have trouble with .
    I have only ever used domed jsb variants in mine with no problems.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    I would of thought flat heads are no problem its weird pointy pellets you might have trouble with .
    I have only ever used domed jsb variants in mine with no problems.
    Thanks for that, I guess you mean long pointy pellets might foul when rotating the mag. Domes should load the best, flats have a chamfered front edge so should in theory load OK depending on diameter/brand, so maybe some testing to determine which are most suitable. Flats may present more resistance when inserting the probe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Does the magazine cycle/load well with flat head as well as domed pellets? I read that lubed domed pellets load/cycle best, but interested to know whether flat heads work as well? Thanks in advance.
    Not sure how well they work in a magazine, I would be more worried about accuracy, none of my 12ftlb pcps like them, although my .22 HW95 & HW80 get on ok with them, RWS Hobbys are the ones I use. Rog

I use jsbs in mine to good effect

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    I use jsbs in mine to good effect
    yup, and eley wasp. my pellets always get a wash in washing up liquid, then soaked in wax water. the only bggrs that never worked were them blinking copper coated ones.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Seems to be quite a few using domed pellets here. I have been using RWS Superdome up till now, which have cycled flawlessly. I did lube them with LT1 pellet lube just to help them cycle easily. Will give the flat head pellets a try at some point in the future.