Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuming At Air-Arms - Wot No QA????

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Fair enough Rhys.
    See where you are coming from.
    And me!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post

Easy... you just came across someone else with same attention to detail and urge to get to the pub as you
    Lol. Hi Harvey, that has tickled me. ... But I do empathise with the o-p, as I also sulk and chuck me dollies out the pram when my scarce and coveted play time is impeded upon, too (prime example being the full-on hissy fit I engaged in t'other week when I managed to nick a couple of hours down the farm, only to arrive with my Longbow .177 and two pellet pouches full of my AIRGUNAID's .20s. ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I once drove all the way to my permission with my 22lr and 2 boxes of Hornady VMax WMR in my pocket. That was on a Friday too. My sympathy to you Dunk.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

But those are our mistakes which are

1 Even more irritating
    2 A reminder that we can all do it.

But I still think that if you are paying for goods and services you are entitled to moan about silly mistakes by those involved.

Without going apesh*t which I agree is a common problem- especially with Eastenders viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk1302 View Post
    So, the lesson for today is always ALWAYS check what's in the box before leaving the RFD, even if you're in a hurry!

Yesterday I popped in after work to pick up my brand-spanking new right handed TX200Mk3. I was in a hurry, so both I and the shop assistant, just quickly opened the box and checked it was indeed a full-length TX200 in a walnut stock. I then jumped in the car and sped home for friday pub-night

I've just unboxed the TX200 only to find, bizarrely that some muppet at AA has fitted a RH action into a LH stock and sent it out the door FFS!!!

Just rang the RFD and they're going to call AA (or the distributor) on monday to see if they want to swap the whole gun or just swap the stock for a RH one.

How is this even possible????

Dunk (the disgruntled!)
    Well, you're the one paying for it & if you couldn't be bothered to check it properly in the shop

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Im sorry, Dunk is entitled to be annoyed.

He is going to have to waste his time and money dealing with this.

AA should give him some free goodies.
    I don't see why, for all we know the shop may have mistakenly ordered the rifle left handed.

The fact that the OP didn't spot the issue in the shop himself, should have been the hint to him that we can all make mistakes.

I think you should keep it and learn to shoot the proper way round.

(I am joking, obviously)

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
    I think you should keep it and learn to shoot the proper way round.

(I am joking, obviously)
    Or just shoot the rifle upside down.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Or just shoot the rifle upside down.
    Or back to front

OK, so a quick update........ firstly, to those that pointed out that I should've checked the gun in the shop: that's the point of my opening comment "Lesson for today" - I fully accept that my hissy-fit could have been avoided, but there are a couple of points to add to that. Firstly, we DID open the box and check that it was indeed a walnut TX in there, however the packing inside the box obscures the rear of the stock, so it wasn't immediatly obvious that it was a "sinister" stock. Likewise, the label on the box read "TX200 RH Walnut .177", so the expectation was that AA would have made sure the contents matched the label before shipping it out of the door.

Aaaaaaanyway..... I contacted the RFD first thing this morning, explaining my preference would be for "them" (either AA or their distributor - John Rothery?) to courier me a RH walnut stock, and I'd send the LH one back by return. I wanted to avoid having to swap the whole gun as it'd mean a 50-mile round trip to take the left-hooker back to the RFD and another 50-mile round trip to get the new one.

They took up my comments and contacted "them" (AA/Distrubutor) and that's exactly what's going to happen, so all's being sorted amicably.

In the meantime, when I got home from work there's a voicemail message from AA's customer services wanting to have a chat, so I'm impressed with the way everyone from the RFD through to the manufacturer has responded, but I'm still surprised that such a bizarre mistake could have ended up in the customer's hands, and in future I won't be taking any manufacturers quality reputation as gospel.

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk1302 View Post
    a RH action into a LH stock
    Is there such a thing as a LH action?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is there such a thing as a LH action?
    Yes, apparently there is.

I'd like a LH action in a RH stock - because I mostly like to load with my left hand, cock with my right.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Yes, apparently there is.

I'd like a LH action in a RH stock - because I mostly like to load with my left hand, with my cock in my right.

Yep, a lefty in a righty would suit me
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, a lefty in a nighty would suit me
    Exactly...

I run a full length l/h action in a very nice early r/h walnut stock. I let in a piece of walnut on the right side of the stock where the r/h loading port was, which looks much neater.
    The other advantage with a l/h action is you don't see the ugly bear trap notches on the comp tube
    Right hand actions in right hand stocks is all wrong