View Poll Results: BSA R10 or HW100? What would you choose?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • BSA R10

21 28.38%
  • Hw100

53 71.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: BSA R10 or HW100?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    I would consider both.
    I have an HW100.
    I would buy an R10
    Both are sorted.
    The R10 can be fettled but the 100 doesnt really need it
    The 100s biggest achilees heel is the weight so I would swap out for an alloy cylinder and flog the steel to someone who wants to kill elephants.
    The R10 has the edge on balance but I hate nose heavy guns. .i e has a Pope FX alloy and its a huge difference.
    As a hunter the mag system for the 100 is untouchable. And its side lever as opposed Bolt action another huge plus for me.
    The R10 is a good looking rifle for a front end bottle gun but looks is NEVER a factor I use. Fit and Functions are the kings for me.
    You wont waste money on either and I recommend both. The only way to do this is to try them and see the fit. As i said when you swap out the cylinder on the 100 its a very fine rifle for club or field.
    100 would be first.choice and R10 as a 2nd.
    Thanks that's a nice even overview.. I have an R10 and the annoying bits are the bolt catching my NV boot when I'm night shooting & the arkward rail that limits the rings you can use. The other issue I have is. I think I want to go .20, I have had a .177 & a .22 for a while now and I love the .22 for the farmyard and I find the .177 alright overall but better in the field than the .22. I'm getting really bored of having 2 pcp's to upkeep and choose from and then thinking "I want the other one now!" I want just one as I'd rather have another Springer.
    So i figure on a .20 carbine & really the only option in .20 I think is the hw100 k. I feel it would be the best all-round solution to efficiently shooting in barns & open fields.
    Thanks steyr
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 11-03-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.