Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FX Crown

FX Crown

Just seen the pictures of the new FX Crown and it just looks total crap. Why do they have to put a magazine on it which means that it needs a cheek riser and stilts in place of mounts. When are these designers going to catch on that the best place for a a scope is damn close to the barrel.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

would this one suit your needs then ?

The scope will be close to the barrel but a good foot away from the rest of the rifle (slight exaggeration I know )

The crown looks fine to me

Last edited by bighit; 10-03-2018 at 08:20 PM.

I'll just leave this here:

Some one has been playing with the meccano too long

Evanix Rainstorm.

FX Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Just seen the pictures of the new FX Crown and it just looks total crap. Why do they have to put a magazine on it which means that it needs a cheek riser and stilts in place of mounts. When are these designers going to catch on that the best place for a a scope is damn close to the barrel.
    You are not alone rob. I thought all the early fx rifles with the 8 shot mag that sat flush with the action, had a much better look & more importantly gave closer scope mounting, without having to use high mounts.

If Weirhauch, BSA and Hatstan can engineer a magazine that sits within the action then I am pretty sure that a rifle with a price tag of £1899 should be as well designed. They are just the worst offenders of a silly crime, others include Daystate, AA (to a lesser degree) and Brocock.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

My RFD introduced me to the FX Impact last week.
    Put me off my breakfast.

Hw100? BSA R10?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

If Weirhauch, BSA and Hatstan can engineer a magazine that sits within the action then I am pretty sure that a rifle with a price tag of £1899 should be as well designed. They are just the worst offenders of a silly crime, others include Daystate, AA (to a lesser degree) and Brocock.
    Same designer maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Hw100? BSA R10?
    I am going to have to say ?

I am going to have to say ?
    Miss read the thread
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I dropped my Air ranger round to a mate today for a re seal and he produced a Fx Crown
    That is one fine rifle it was almost identical dimensions to my AR but about half the weight and the fit was superb
    I want one but i cant afford one

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I dropped my Air ranger round to a mate today for a re seal and he produced a Fx Crown
    That is one fine rifle it was almost identical dimensions to my AR but about half the weight and the fit was superb
    I want one but i cant afford one
    You must have a neck like a Giraffe to be able to see through a scope over the mag then. This sport really is losing its way if this is the future. I see the BSA Ultra now has a fantastic Minelli stock but its still function over form with a low price.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    You are not alone rob. I thought all the early fx rifles with the 8 shot mag that sat flush with the action, had a much better look & more importantly gave closer scope mounting, without having to use high mounts.
    FX told me on Saturday that their lower capacity, and therefore lower profile, mags fit the Crown. I'll confirm this in my second round of testing but meanwhile, if anyone gets the chance to handle this rifle, please get it in your shoulder. I'd like to hear your opinions of it.
    All the best.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

You must have a neck like a Giraffe to be able to see through a scope over the mag then. This sport really is losing its way if this is the future. I see the BSA Ultra now has a fantastic Minelli stock but its still function over form with a low price.
    Wait until you try it, Rob. The on-aim stability is remarkable, and plenty of shooters without extended kneck were incredibly comfortable with it, I assure you.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge