Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FX Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    I can put low mounts on the Galatian and it may be ugly but the rabbits don't seem to mind. You do realise that I can buy four Galatians with change for one of your choice.. Which one of us is sane.......
    And if what Terry said above about the smaller magazine fitting the crown is true Then you could use that then fit a lower set of mounts to the crown i would assume .

I would be guessing the the Crown is set up to use high mounts anyway .

And I would not be buying either of them as I prefer self contained rifles (springers and my Gas Ram rifle) . If I wanted a PCP and had the money to buy one it would still not be the Galatian even if it was £299 new

You don't have to mentally challenged to spend thousands on one airgun either . If you do ,Then there is loads of mentally challenged people on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    And if what Terry said above about the smaller magazine fitting the crown is true Then you could use that then fit a lower set of mounts to the crown i would assume .

I would be guessing the the Crown is set up to use high mounts anyway .

And I would not be buying either of them as I prefer self contained rifles (springers and my Gas Ram rifle) . If I wanted a PCP and had the money to buy one it would still not be the Galatian even if it was £299 new

You don't have to mentally challenged to spend thousands on one airgun either . If you do ,Then there is loads of mentally challenged people on this forum
    Agreed. You see I don't extol the virtues of something based on what it cost. The most important virtue of any purchase is the ability to do the task it was purchased for and the value for money it offered. Shiney bits are just vanity when all said and done.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Looks fine to me, but the best part of 2 grand ? I'll stick to my old Rapid thanks..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The market is moving to reduced cost high quality offerings ...
    Is it, Rob? What makes you think that, mate?

The Crown is selling beyond supply, Daystate's order books are crammed with shooters who want the new Red Wolf and Wolverine R, and Air Arms still can't make enough Galahads and Ultimate Sporters. I'm sure there will always be a high demand for high quality/more affordable guns, but there will also be a permanent demand from those who prefer, and can afford, the 'designer' rifles.

Many, many shooters of all types indulge themselves with guns that provide pleasure of ownership, in addition to simply doing a job. It's not about 'need', it's more about 'want' and 'enjoy'. There's room for us all, and may that always be the case.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post

The Crown is selling beyond supply, Daystate's order books are crammed with shooters who want the new Red Wolf and Wolverine R, and Air Arms still can't make enough Galahads and Ultimate Sporters. I'm sure there will always be a high demand for high quality/more affordable guns, but there will also be a permanent demand from those who prefer, and can afford, the 'designer' rifles.

Many, many shooters of all types indulge themselves with guns that provide pleasure of ownership, in addition to simply doing a job. It's not about 'need', it's more about 'want' and 'enjoy'. There's room for us all, and may that always be the case.
    Terry,

I used to buy the TBM (trail bike magazine) and every month they did a column that showed what bikes that were at top of the sales list the previous month .Like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvv47jt2w9...61343.jpg?dl=0

Is there anything like this for Airgun sales ?

I know it may be difficult with private sales for the european sellers . Iit would show whats being sold in the UK market.

Paul

I hope for all our sakes your right Terry. In my opinion the closer we get to Brexit, the more we will see inflation rise which is going to tighten the purse strings of just about everyone. Coupled with the impending licensing, which is very likely to happen if you read between the lines. The American market is already awash with low price high quality offerings and they will find their way over here. Until the above happens.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Coupled with the impending licensing, which is very likely to happen if you read between the lines.
    You're reading between lines that are WAY different to the ones I'm looking at, Rob. I'll be absolutely amazed if licensing happens, and we still don't know what the full effect of Brexit will be, do we?

I've studied things from every angle I have have access to and I'm staying positive. You should try it, mate.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

I hope for all our sakes your right Terry. In my opinion the closer we get to Brexit, the more we will see inflation rise which is going to tighten the purse strings of just about everyone. Coupled with the impending licensing, which is very likely to happen if you read between the lines. The American market is already awash with low price high quality offerings and they will find their way over here. Until the above happens.
    Not convinced Brexit will increase inflation, what do you base the assumption on?

Licensing may happen some time in the future, but think it unlikely..

What quality offerings in America, the US forums I read are all about DS, FX, RAW etc. nowt American.

You're reading between lines that are WAY different to the ones I'm looking at, Rob. I'll be absolutely amazed if licensing happens, and we still don't know what the full effect of Brexit will be, do we?

I've studied things from every angle I have have access to and I'm staying positive. You should try it, mate.
    I hope your positivity is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Not convinced Brexit will increase inflation, what do you base the assumption on?

Licensing may happen some time in the future, but think it unlikely..

What quality offerings in America, the US forums I read are all about DS, FX, RAW etc. nowt American.
    According to the Bank of England it already is rising.