Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FX Crown

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    You are not alone rob. I thought all the early fx rifles with the 8 shot mag that sat flush with the action, had a much better look & more importantly gave closer scope mounting, without having to use high mounts.
    Plus one on that, they're fugly
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Wait until you try it, Rob. The on-aim stability is remarkable, and plenty of shooters without extended kneck were incredibly comfortable with it, I assure you.
    I was visiting a certain guardian of the squirrels
    I had my Air Ranger next too it a great comparison as they have very very similar dimensions
    Somehow FX have made the crown feel about half the weight as the AR and the styling of the stock could have been custom made for me
    the cheekpiece is definitely higher and the hold on the pistol grip is superb i tend to shoot my AR thumb up rather than use the thumbhole but the thumbhole worked perfectly on the crown
    I tried my mates Impact and wildcat and id say id choose the crown over both
    the cocking mech was also sublime
    Like i said before if i could afford one id order one tomorrow

Progress is a tricky thing, there's a good argument that those pictures pretty much make the case for licensing to the untrained eye.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

FX crown is the new daddy on the block. 700 plus shots. Handles superbly and with exellent balance. The synthetic is lighter still. The high capacity mag doesn’t sit directly under the scope. But slightly to the side. As said before.. if it really bothers you to fit low mounts then use a lower capacity magazine. In my opinion it’s far and away the best traditional PCP on sale at this time

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Wait until you try it, Rob. The on-aim stability is remarkable, and plenty of shooters without extended kneck were incredibly comfortable with it, I assure you.
    Not for me Terry, just not for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I was visiting a certain guardian of the squirrels
    I had my Air Ranger next too it a great comparison as they have very very similar dimensions
    Somehow FX have made the crown feel about half the weight as the AR and the styling of the stock could have been custom made for me
    the cheekpiece is definitely higher and the hold on the pistol grip is superb i tend to shoot my AR thumb up rather than use the thumbhole but the thumbhole worked perfectly on the crown
    I tried my mates Impact and wildcat and id say id choose the crown over both
    the cocking mech was also sublime
    Like i said before if i could afford one id order one tomorrow
    For that price it should be custom fit. The bubble is going to burst on these guns very soon. The market is moving to reduced cost high quality offerings and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post

For that price it should be custom fit. The bubble is going to burst on these guns very soon. The market is moving to reduced cost high quality offerings and we all know what happened to the dinosaurs.
    And who did the research and development to allow the cheaper end of the market to catch up
    Air guns are like anything else take cars for example I could buy a fancy range rover but i like my Jimny

If Weirhauch, BSA and Hatstan can engineer a magazine that sits within the action then I am pretty sure that a rifle with a price tag of £1899 should be as well designed. They are just the worst offenders of a silly crime, others include Daystate, AA (to a lesser degree) and Brocock.
    my Impact has a 21 shot mag and does sits well bellow the top of the action so its not they can not design a mag like that??

Volcanoes and an Asteroid is going to wreak havoc on airguns like it did the Dinosaurs ?

Maybe a BSA will bring out a cheap airgun called the " Meteorite" and every one will sell their old ones to buy it instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    My RFD introduced me to the FX Impact last week.
    Put me off my breakfast.
    dont you mean the price did it does most as most cant afford it

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    And who did the research and development to allow the cheaper end of the market to catch up
    Air guns are like anything else take cars for example I could buy a fancy range rover but i like my Jimny
    It wasn't FX, they were relatively late to the party.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by max29aug View Post
    my Impact has a 21 shot mag and does sits well bellow the top of the action so its not they can not design a mag like that??
    Quote Originally Posted by max29aug View Post
    dont you mean the price did it does most as most cant afford it
    I think it was more his breakfast coming back up due to the hideous looks of FX.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Volcanoes and an Asteroid is going to wreak havoc on airguns like it did the Dinosaurs ?

Maybe a BSA will bring out a cheap airgun called the " Meteorite" and every one will sell their old ones to buy it instead.
    Do you ever post anything which isn't silly.

Do you ever post anything which isn't silly.

Possibly but I don't say the only good things are the ones I own

you are slagging off a rifle yet the "Mans gun" you have is not much better looking

Or this .

I know what one looks better in my eyes and its not the bottom one

And I know you go on and on about how great it is ,So dont bother . I have read it all before .
    Last edited by bighit; 12-03-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Possibly but I don't say the only good things are the ones I own

you are slagging off a rifle yet the "Mans gun" you have is not much better looking

Or this .

I know what one looks better in my eyes and its not the bottom one

And I know you go on and on about how great it is ,So dont bother . I have read it all before .
    I can put low mounts on the Galatian and it may be ugly but the rabbits don't seem to mind. You do realise that I can buy four Galatians with change for one of your choice.. Which one of us is sane.......

I can put low mounts on the Galatian and it may be ugly but the rabbits don't seem to mind. You do realise that I can buy four Galatians with change for one of your choice.. Which one of us is sane.......
    The sane one is the one who buys the Impact....