Thread: Viper connect

Viper connect

I've just sold my last Pcp but left with a viper connect has anyone used one on a springer or am I better of trading it in for a different scope. Opinions and advice please guys

Because of the extremely short eye relief, id be hesitant to use it on springer. having said that i have seen one on a tuned under lever somewhere before.

Connect on a springer

Keep it! They are brilliant on springers. I have them on three of mine and they are excellent. I would have them on most of my rifles but due to me being long sighted and the ocular adjustment only short I have these three at the maximum adjustment for the focus/crispness of the retical. As a result I have had to sell on three connects because they didn't have enough adjustment.
    All I would say is be careful on the eye relief or you will end up with a black eye (practice until it becomes muscle memory) or at least to start with just be aware.
    Very little Paralax error.

Quote Originally Posted by Themadsad View Post
    I've just sold my last Pcp but left with a viper connect has anyone used one on a springer or am I better of trading it in for a different scope. Opinions and advice please guys
    The MTC site states it shouldn't be used on recoiling rifles: http://mtcoptics.com/wp-content/uplo..._Connect-2.pdf

Mainly to avoid injury!
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    The MTC site states it shouldn't be used on recoiling rifles: http://mtcoptics.com/wp-content/uplo..._Connect-2.pdf

Mainly to avoid injury!
    I did actually write to MTC as I was concerned their statements were that the sight couldn't handle the recoil. They confirmed it was for "safety" only.
    We are adults and do not require the Nanny state.
    For me they are brilliant on springer or PCP

Same as above im using them on my springers ‘downgraded’ from a sightron to these but just find them better accuracy wise, very little paralax error. I always connect my brow with the occular then come back a little to allow for recoil

Ive fancied a connect for a while on a pcp, but concerned as I wear glasses I worry that my glasses would have to touch the eye bell which I think would be distracting. If there's little or no eye relief I wouldn't fancy using it on a recoiling rifle? There's always a few for sale that makes me wonder why?

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    I still have one of the prototypes (It has a larger objective than the production units) and had several on my other PCPs before I sold them.

The one I have I now use on a BAR22 (basically an AR15 in .22, not a clone or a plastic fantastic) for CSR practice while the usual optic is on another rifle. This means coming into the aim pretty quickly without poking yoru eye out. There is enough slack in the eye relief for the scope to work without being in firm contact but I guess it depends on yoru eye sight.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know