Thread: Original 6M barrel weight.

Original 6M barrel weight.

I have just bought a mint Original model6M pistol boxed and with both left and right hand anatomical grips. Under the front sight there is a grey metal block bolted onto the swivelling cocking aid.
    I have never seen this weight on any pictures of this model before although the foam box lining allows for this. My question is what purpose does this weight serve as I feel it only tends to make it more tiring to keep the barrel raised on a pistol that is already fairly heavy. Is it supposed to be a counterweight of some sort and if so what is it offsetting?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    I have just bought a mint Original model6M pistol boxed and with both left and right hand anatomical grips. Under the front sight there is a grey metal block bolted onto the swivelling cocking aid.
    I have never seen this weight on any pictures of this model before although the foam box lining allows for this. My question is what purpose does this weight serve as I feel it only tends to make it more tiring to keep the barrel raised on a pistol that is already fairly heavy. Is it supposed to be a counterweight of some sort and if so what is it offsetting?
    Simply, it makes the pistol more muzzle-heavy, which some like. Others don't. Ditto on the LP10, which uses the same shroud.

Its use is thought by some to increase the risk of the barrel shroud cracking. I cannot comment, as my 6s and 10 have never been fitted with one, and I am happy with their balance in standard form.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Simply, it makes the pistol more muzzle-heavy, which some like. Others don't. Ditto on the LP10, which uses the same shroud.

Its use is thought by some to increase the risk of the barrel shroud cracking. I cannot comment, as my 6s and 10 have never been fitted with one, and I am happy with their balance in standard form.
    As above, these are common on the Model 10, Some people feel it stops the Barrel swaying.
    I don't have one on mine and it's quite heavy enough!

Matt.

Cool

if you don't want it I'll have it
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.