Thread: Ronnie sunshines

Ronnie sunshines

So.....

I have been away from shooting for 10 years after my last rifle was stolen, and I decided to treat myself to a new PCP to deal with the swarm of Wood pigeons that seem to have descended on my plot.

I wanted a NEW rifle so as not to inherit someone else's problems. I did a bit of research, trawled through reviews and decided to get a Brocock Compatto. Sunshines had a deal on a kit and offered finance to spread the cost.

Long story short, I was confident I'd set it up properly but couldn't hit a barn door with the thing if I'd been holding the handle.

Full of rage I took the package back to their shop intending to tell them where to poke it.

The staff in there were AMAZING. They spent an hour checking the rifle and tracked the problem down to a faulty silencer (Daystate Airwolf) Which they changed and upgraded for free, as well a giving me a shorter set of scope mounts and some range vouchers.

The guys in The shop could not have done more and zeroed the sights perfectly.

I'm now dropping Woodies cleanly at 40 yards and can easily get 1 inch groups at the same distance on targets.. Well impressed with the rifle and the service.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Yep I’ve always had great service at Ronnies.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    A word of advice but firstly, a warm welcome to the Forum with your first post !
    Secondly, ignore the rest of the Forum, dont buy any airgun mags, dont join any airgun clubs. Just simply shoot and enjoy your superb airgun combo and carry on dropping Woodies, Bunnies and any legal vermin as you wish !

I dont mean this of course, we have a great bunch of Guys on here, very knowledgeble offering plenty of good advice !
    Have fun !
    “An airgun or two”………

Good service.
    Could easily have gone nasty and put you off shooting.

Being in a Club can often sort this type of problem.
    It’s a bit tricky on your own at times like these and other shooters often have a wealth of experience.

Glad to hear that you got such good service & are happy with your new rifle.

But also a prime example of how a lack of owner experience/investigation could give a product an undeserved bad reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluffski View Post
    So.....

I have been away from shooting for 10 years after my last rifle was stolen, and I decided to treat myself to a new PCP to deal with the swarm of Wood pigeons that seem to have descended on my plot.

I wanted a NEW rifle so as not to inherit someone else's problems. I did a bit of research, trawled through reviews and decided to get a Brocock Compatto. Sunshines had a deal on a kit and offered finance to spread the cost.

Long story short, I was confident I'd set it up properly but couldn't hit a barn door with the thing if I'd been holding the handle.

Full of rage I took the package back to their shop intending to tell them where to poke it.

The staff in there were AMAZING. They spent an hour checking the rifle and tracked the problem down to a faulty silencer (Daystate Airwolf) Which they changed and upgraded for free, as well a giving me a shorter set of scope mounts and some range vouchers.

The guys in The shop could not have done more and zeroed the sights perfectly.

I'm now dropping Woodies cleanly at 40 yards and can easily get 1 inch groups at the same distance on targets.. Well impressed with the rifle and the service.
    If a moderated rifle is shotguning the first suspect would be a misaligned mod. Alwats take the mod off and try without.
    Taking the mod off and looking down the baffles may show pellet strike and tapping it in your hand maybleave a few shavings in your palm. Dont lick them. They dont taste good.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill