Thread: East Devon FTC

East Devon FTC

Hi all,

I’ve just moved to Devon and want to do more with my air rifle. Someone told me about East Devon FTC but their website is down, the contact number on the SWEFTA website does not work and where I was told they were is just woodland.

Anybody know if they still exist? Apparently they are right on my doorstep so I’m hoping they do.

Many thanks,

Nick

Yes they exist, they are not far from the pub called the Keeper's Cottage, on the road from where you live to the M5 at junction 28.

I doubt you'll get anyone tomorrow as there is a SWEFTA league shoot at North Petherwin and many of the members will be away taking part in that.

If you would like to PM me I will give you some contact numbers.

By the way, what kind of shooting are you looking to take part in?
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Yes still there,quite a few members at today’s swefta shoot,they have a full ft and hft course and a very good zero range.its not very far from honiton either.great club,shot there a few times in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Yes they exist, they are not far from the pub called the Keeper's Cottage, on the road from where you live to the M5 at junction 28.

I doubt you'll get anyone tomorrow as there is a SWEFTA league shoot at North Petherwin and many of the members will be away taking part in that.

If you would like to PM me I will give you some contact numbers.

By the way, what kind of shooting are you looking to take part in?
    Thanks Rich, I will PM when I work it out (I’m new to this and this is my first question).

I want to use my air rifle more for rabbits and pigeons and want to tune it (I’ve bought a kit from Chambers). It’s a Webley Xocet.

I wanted to set the gun up properly on a range and meet some like-minded people.

Many thanks,

Nick.

If you are looking for a non FT/HFT club then Pinhoe is probably the closest. And you can pick me up on the way

It's a very good club, paper punching at 10-25yards (or 50 prone). You can zero and test your rifle in an enclosed environment.

Its better than the website makes it look. PM me if you want to come and have a look. Monday or Thursday are best for air rifle.

If you manage to make contact with East Devon FTC then let me know, I've been interested in finding out more for a while.

Welcome to Devon. Great place. Pop down to Ottery some time soon and try the rusty pig

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    If you are looking for a non FT/HFT club then Pinhoe is probably the closest. And you can pick me up on the way

It's a very good club, paper punching at 10-25yards (or 50 prone). You can zero and test your rifle in an enclosed environment.

Its better than the website makes it look. PM me if you want to come and have a look. Monday or Thursday are best for air rifle.

If you manage to make contact with East Devon FTC then let me know, I've been interested in finding out more for a while.

Welcome to Devon. Great place. Pop down to Ottery some time soon and try the rusty pig
    Thank you bullbarrel. I will pop along and see East Devon and might pick you up and visit Pinhoe as well. The Rusty Pig looks very good. Might try next time we have a babysitter.
    Thanks, Nick