Thread: Airforce Airgun merger with RAW.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Airforce Airgun merger with RAW.

As above, US company, Airforce Airguns, Fort Worth, Texas to merge with Rapid Air Weapons, Tennesee and may reprise the Theoben brand as well as the current range of RAW airguns !
    Any further info. on this, sounds intetresting especially to all Theoben buffs ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!

Missed this
    Thanks !
    “An airgun or two”………

Itll be interesting to see what air rifles may be produced as a result of this merger. I always thought Theoben's air rifles had a more "sporting feel", PCP and gasrams but the bulk of the RAW products are more "target oriented" which although superb rifles, i personally have little interest in.
    A sleek efficient lightweight sporter would really float my boat following on as a successor to the Rapid 7 !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Itll be interesting to see what air rifles may be produced as a result of this merger. I always thought Theoben's air rifles had a more "sporting feel", PCP and gasrams but the bulk of the RAW products are more "target oriented" which although superb rifles, i personally have little interest in.
    A sleek efficient lightweight sporter would really float my boat following on as a successor to the Rapid 7 !
    I emailed Airforce to ask if they would be bringing back the Theoben Gas Rams but got no reply.
    Last edited by bighit; 10-03-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I emailed Airforce to ask if they would be bringing back the Theoben Gas Rams but got no reply.
    The gas rams as well as the PCP's would be welcome a revisit I think being as they were conceived back in the 1980's and 90's.
    Time fot the next generation I reckon ?
    “An airgun or two”………

The gas rams as well as the PCP's would be welcome a revisit I think being as they were conceived back in the 1980's and 90's.
    Personally, I don’t.

Yes the design is old, and yes there could be a few upgrades and improvements but the old gun is a solid performer, accurate, reliable and easy to maintain.

I don’t see the need to reinvent the wheel. people who are buy a rapid don’t buy one because it looks nice or because it has all the bells and whistles, they buy it because it does what it does very well.

I have 4 rapids, if I dink the stock or put a scratch in the action I am miffed but then I forget about it. If I were to do the same to a RAW, daystate, steyr or high end AA, then I would be mortified and it would p!$$ me off every time I looked at it.

I would much rather they paid more attention to quality control and internal finishes than cosmetics improvements

Bb

Sounds familiar lol

Jesus give them a chance do you think people are waiting 24/7 with every answer to every question.

Gas Rams are in almost every makers lineups now so it shows they are still being bought (no idea how popular though ) and given that Sterling Arams is making one as part of their comeback range ,Then there may still be a market for a new Theoben Gas Ram range .

All depends on costs.

I was advised that Mr Rutterford would be carrying on with the RAW product line despite the change in ownership. Picked up a new HM last week and it is fantastic. Having owned several Rapids over the years, the HM I view as an updated Rapid model with exceptional build quality. Owned one in .20 a couple of years back and that was excellent as well. Lets hope that RAW continue to produce guns of such high quality well into the future.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Merger of two failed businesses with old failed products....
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I was advised that Mr Rutterford would be carrying on with the RAW product line despite the change in ownership. Picked up a new HM last week and it is fantastic. Having owned several Rapids over the years, the HM I view as an updated Rapid model with exceptional build quality. Owned one in .20 a couple of years back and that was excellent as well. Lets hope that RAW continue to produce guns of such high quality well into the future.
    Andy
    Sounds encouraging and a step in the right direction !
    “An airgun or two”………