Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been Offered a deal!

welcome to the mad house.

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky147 View Post
    I decided to buy it my first ever air rifle!!
    So happy with it aha like a kid at Christmas
    It's a disease. Now you have it their is no cure, watch as your credit card takes a battering and that is only on what you have to spend to appease the wife. God help you if she ever finds out how much tackle you really have. Mine recently found out that I have seven guns when shr new about four. Needless to say I have to reduce the numbers.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Wacky147 View Post
    I decided to buy it my first ever air rifle!!
    So happy with it aha like a kid at Christmas
    Good effort mate! You won't regret it!
    Arte et marte.
    Brocock Compatto Target .177 - Hawke Airmax 3-12x50SF
    BSA R10se BP laminate .177 - Hawke Sidewinder 10x42SF

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Sir...the words 'decent' & 'Hawke' should never be used in the same sentence 😆😆😆
    Pointless brand snobbery, Most if not all Hawke scopes are "decent" for what they cost.

OP; That sounds like a good deal I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffs86 View Post
    Come again?!

Why the Hawke hating??
    Because I have owned them, both went wrong and the service from the supplier ranged form excellent to a utter crap. IMHO, they are over priced and not good product either. The utter crap service on a definitely faulty brand new scope tipped ot for me and I know what I am talking about. They tried all sorts of bullshit to pull a fast one.

I don't specifically hate them, I just think they are crap.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    He is a Tackle Tart . If its not a £400 + scope then its junk.

Yours is junk but when he uses one similar or sells one . Its the best thing since sliced bread

wonder if he still has this one http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=hawke
    Really - and you know what kit I have then. I have an AGS which really is shite....I have a white tail classic which really is a classic and knocks 7 grades of grit out of any Hawke,....I have a couple of Bushnell - one is OK ish and the other is great. A mate has a 6500 Bushnell which he loves and I think drain pipe is better image. I have MTC's which are very good value for money and have used them for years. The Optisan EVX range is a significant improvement in glass quality and image IMHO and everyone at my club who compared agreed and that included two Hawke users. I am looking at the new MTC Viper Pro for the 3 to 1 turret ratio - a lot of scope for low money and to date - excellent service. I have a Nightforce NXS and whilst its as tough as hell - I think the image is a bit grey and washy. good image edge to edge - in fact excellent but if you compare it to a good swaro then its not up there. S&B PM11 - again excellent glass - but the image just has no colour rendition and a 2 year warranty - stroll on.
    So my experience is based on a LOT of optics over a great period of time and I have learnt a lot about glass in that time frame. And I am still learning. I used to rate Nikko Stirling as good honest scopes at the lower end, but I no longer hold that view. It has evolved. I looked at a lot of the Hawke stuff at the BSS to re-assess my opinion and it hasn't changed. Bright'ish image but the middle focused and the edges blurred WTF is that about.

You have your opinion I have mine. Which is what a forum is about of course.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Pointless brand snobbery, Most if not all Hawke scopes are "decent" for what they cost.

OP; That sounds like a good deal I'd buy it.
    No it isn't. I think Hawkes are shit. I have cheap scopes I have expensive scopes. I even have an AGS although why I have no idea. Just haven't binned it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    welcome to the mad house.
    Yes, welcome!

Oh...and the post that was made in 2004....as I said above I had great service and then I had shit service because the replacement scope mentioned in the post went wrong and I had the devils own job to get it sorted. I had excellent service one moment and then the worst I have experienced in the shooting community shortly after it.

I check on product over time as the quality and range can change - get better - get worse and I adapt my opinions accordingly. Hawkes as far as I am concerned don't pass muster.

Hope that explains it to you