Thread: Hw97 tuneing

Hw97 tuneing

Hi all I have a hw97 which I have polished put a tbt kit in and a ptfe piston sleath. It's shooting at 11.75 so legal but close. It's a deadly accurate gun but how can I take the sharp kick out of it now without losing the crisp shot characteristics. Can anyone advise I've completely got rid of the twang but would like it a tad smoother.

Hi,
    Did you fit any power washers as part of the tune/kit? If so it would be worth removing them one at a time to see if you can get the power vs shot cycle you want.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I took my newly rebuilt 97 to the range this morning, like yours it is running just over 11.5 and though accurate, it could be smoother. I am going to strip it this afternoon and remove 3/4 of a coil to try and get it under 11. I think this will be a larger improvement than it sounds.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Yep, as per the above posts.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

No power washer put in I dardent as the top hat already added a bit and it was in the mid 11fpe before I started I'll take down a spring coil is it better to collapse one with heat rather than cut it?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Themadsad View Post
    No power washer put in I dardent as the top hat already added a bit and it was in the mid 11fpe before I started I'll take down a spring coil is it better to collapse one with heat rather than cut it?
    Start by collapsing a coil, if it's still high you can the grind down up to a whole coil without recollapsing.

As Gareth from The Office said:" Slowly slowly, catchey monkey. I could catch a monkey."
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>