Thread: Sheffield air rifles

Sheffield air rifles

About 2 weeks ago I ordered a Webley Stingray 2 xs of them, i Understand that the rifle has been discounted many years so it’s very hard to find one new, but I thought I stumbled upon one with them, they delivered to my local rfd, 2 days later I got a call saying that the rifle had arrived with them and they informed me that the box was severely damaged, I quickly darted up to the shop to collect the rifle, didn’t want to waste the rfds time so went home to inspect, too my surprise the rifle was a wreck, first of all it wasn’t even the xs, it was the standard with a silencer on, but I could have forgiven that because they are more or less the same, it’s the state that the rifle was in that I couldn’t forgive, the full barrel was pitted with rust along with the breach block, the stock was scratched dinted, and chipped, the safety catch had barely any paint left on, imidietly got on the phone to send it back, they said they would refund me the full amount inc admin fee and postage there way, the rifle part was received a few days later but the admin fee postage etc that was promised still hasn’t materialised, they promised to send a cheque out but that was 2 weeks ago, all in all very poor customer service from them

Something you would expect from buying from someone on free ads not from a dealer. Never bought from them but looked at the website and their prices seem cheap on most things. I'd keep on at them and refer to your thread on here with many prospective buyers reading it! Why would they think for one minute you would be OK with the gun, are people so stupid?

I've bought from there shop as like peddy says they are cheap, they don't seem into shooting and seem to have limited knowledge on what they are selling.

In my opinion they won't of even looked in the box before sending you the rifle to check it's okay so it won't of been to try get one over on you.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Something you would expect from buying from someone on free ads not from a dealer. Never bought from them but looked at the website and their prices seem cheap on most things. I'd keep on at them and refer to your thread on here with many prospective buyers reading it! Why would they think for one minute you would be OK with the gun, are people so stupid?
    Honestly you should have seen the state of the rifle, I thought their prices were too good to be true, I’d rather pay the extra £30 or so and get better customer service from else where

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I've bought from there shop as like peddy says they are cheap, they don't seem into shooting and seem to have limited knowledge on what they are selling.

In my opinion they won't of even looked in the box before sending you the rifle to check it's okay so it won't of been to try get one over on you.

That’s the funny thing as well tho, it was the wrong box! It was a box for a Webley VMX but the rifle it self was a stingray 2

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatWilson View Post
    That’s the funny thing as well tho, it was the wrong box! It was a box for a Webley VMX but the rifle it self was a stingray 2
    Maybe a re cycled box
    Rifle on the shelf and the original box used for the wrong rifle so when they went to box yours the VMX box was the only one left

When Iworked in the mountain bike shop we re cycled the bike boxes. You could by a GT bike and get it in a Specialized box .

I bought a Theoben Evolution and it came in a BSA R10 box It was sent by a friend and not a shop.
    Last edited by bighit; 11-03-2018 at 12:10 PM.

I have had a few things from then in the past, fishing stuff I seem to remember and nothing important at that. They seem to dable in lots of areas from fishing to vapeing kits to bu** plugs

Link NSFW

http://nmpadultsextoys.co.uk/anal-to...5a54f2611fa2d3

Well that really doesn't sound promising at all, hopefully they will keep good on there end and refund you in full.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    I have had a few things from then in the past, fishing stuff I seem to remember and nothing important at that. They seem to dable in lots of areas from fishing to vapeing kits to bu** plugs

Link NSFW

http://nmpadultsextoys.co.uk/anal-to...5a54f2611fa2d3
    Sorry to hear about your bad service with Sheffield Air Rifles they are usually ok and most of their stuff is spot on I'm sure if you give them a ring they will sort it out to your satisfaction We used to use them all the time for our pellets they were on the money price wise Yes they do dabble in all sorts of stuff now days it's called diversity of your business they run a large plot that needs paying for in business tax to Sheffield City Council Give them a ring and moan at them again

Quote Originally Posted by Rellum View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bad service with Sheffield Air Rifles they are usually ok and most of their stuff is spot on I'm sure if you give them a ring they will sort it out to your satisfaction We used to use them all the time for our pellets they were on the money price wise Yes they do dabble in all sorts of stuff now days it's called diversity of your business they run a large plot that needs paying for in business tax to Sheffield City Council Give them a ring and moan at them again
    It wasn't me, it was the poster at the top who had the bad experience with the Webley. I still have them in my favourites so I never fell out with them and intend getting a few more things too.

Shame though, there is a shop in York nearer to the op that was advertising NOS Webley's, Blue Moon Trading, but his website has dissapeared so he may not be still open, anyone know?

Yes I know it's not you I don't use them any more because they are no longer near me We used them all the time because they were local and cheap I'm sure they will sort this problem out if spoken to its bad for business and business is tough enough up in Sheffield hope it gets sorted

secretagentmole Guest
    About 2 weeks ago I ordered a Webley Stingray 2 xs of them, i Understand that the rifle has been discounted many years so it’s very hard to find one new, but I thought I stumbled upon one with them, they delivered to my local rfd, 2 days later I got a call saying that the rifle had arrived with them and they informed me that the box was severely damaged, I quickly darted up to the shop to collect the rifle, didn’t want to waste the rfds time so went home to inspect, too my surprise the rifle was a wreck, first of all it wasn’t even the xs, it was the standard with a silencer on, but I could have forgiven that because they are more or less the same, it’s the state that the rifle was in that I couldn’t forgive, the full barrel was pitted with rust along with the breach block, the stock was scratched dinted, and chipped, the safety catch had barely any paint left on, imidietly got on the phone to send it back, they said they would refund me the full amount inc admin fee and postage there way, the rifle part was received a few days later but the admin fee postage etc that was promised still hasn’t materialised, they promised to send a cheque out but that was 2 weeks ago, all in all very poor customer service from them
    You realise a Hatsan 55 or 60 is the same gun?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    You realise a Hatsan 55 or 60 is the same gun?
    Almost the same, still, just prefer the name Webley(I know they are no longer Webley but still