Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly question, cheap PCP stirrup pumps.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Silly question, cheap PCP stirrup pumps.

Hi all,

Probably going to be a "You get what you pay for" sort of question but are these cheap bay of e PCP stirrup pumps actually going to be any good, I'm just wanting one to refill my Theoben rammer so no high pressures needed really.

What you think.

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I know a couple of guys who have bought these or simmilar short ago, they fill the rifle up okay, have nothing to compare it against but it does fill the gun to the pressure required, for how long who knows.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrismac View Post
    I know a couple of guys who have bought these or simmilar short ago, they fill the rifle up okay, have nothing to compare it against but it does fill the gun to the pressure required, for how long who knows.

Chris
    May be worth trying one as I'm only really going to be using it the once to refill my rammer (and may be again in the future if it needs a top up) and even if it is pretty good I may be able to use it if I ever decide to buy a PCP in the future.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Not sure where you would get the parts to make it fit a Theoben from though http://mikethegun.co.uk/brocock-slim-jim-hand-pumps-2/ this is what is in the theoben (brocock) pump https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqasl82dby...735-0.jpg?dl=0

There is a schrader valve in there too .

you would need a hose and the adaptor.

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...ging-pump-kit/

Im sure some people have used a shock pump from a bike suspension to fill there's but not sure how they adapted it .

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sh...w=1366&bih=662

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA...?topic=95707.0
    Last edited by bighit; 11-03-2018 at 07:33 PM.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It'll work fine IF you don't want a spring in it.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Hi Pete, I was in the same boat as you needing to fill my Theoben Sirocco and not having a pump I was lucky an FX Pump turned up at a good price so I bought it along with a best fittings adapter kit. Pity you are not closer to me otherwise you could have used /borrowed it I've heard good reports of the bay pumps doing the business plus you will like me only use your pump once in a blue moon

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It'll work fine IF you don't want a spring in it.
    I'm still in two minds (but I'd still like to try it), I had a chat with Tony (Bigtoe) and he done a spring conversion a few years ago and said it was a wind up getting it set up right but was superb once sorted, he used the original ram guide as a spring guide but I don't want to do that.

Pete

I got one of the cheap pumps thrown in with a gun i bought recently, they work very well for the money mate I wouldn't hesitate to give one a try. Only thing to be aware of, and I don't know if this is true of all of them, but the gauge on the one I've got doesn't show pressure in bar but in psi. hth mate.

Atvb

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Hi all,

Probably going to be a "You get what you pay for" sort of question but are these cheap bay of e PCP stirrup pumps actually going to be any good, I'm just wanting one to refill my Theoben rammer so no high pressures needed really.

What you think.

Cheers

Pete
    There are usually the correct "slim jim" pumps for the ram units for sale on the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rellum View Post
    Hi Pete, I was in the same boat as you needing to fill my Theoben Sirocco and not having a pump I was lucky an FX Pump turned up at a good price so I bought it along with a best fittings adapter kit. Pity you are not closer to me otherwise you could have used /borrowed it I've heard good reports of the bay pumps doing the business plus you will like me only use your pump once in a blue moon
    Thanks for the kind offer, I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy one.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    There are usually the correct "slim jim" pumps for the ram units for sale on the bay.
    I've kept an eye on a couple recently and they've been around the £40 posted mark but you then have to buy the non return valve that screws in the end and the hose with the valve adapter, all in all another £40 on top and you can only use it on Rammers (or Brocock cartridges), you can buy a new hand pump from Best fittings for £85, if I get the stirrup pump for £30ish then all I've got to add is the valve adapter for £23 and I can use the stirrup pump for the rammer and a PCP if I ever get another one.

Pete

The Chinese pumps do not seem to have water filter/separators though. You can order these separately, but at added cost. To be fair, their are added cost on the name brand pumps too.

Has anyone used these oil/water separators which use a little cotton insert?

http://bit.ly/2pb1omc

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    just come to the boinger bash and buy mine (boinger bash sales thread). Or come to the boinger bash and we'll give you a top up for free
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

look in the sales seccy on here. its where i got my logun pump from. did a good job on filling the AA400 and 410.
    once took it to a dive shop where everyone wanted a go, but refused to fill it.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.