Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossman M1 carbine

Crossman M1 carbine

Hi can anyone give me a guide price on a Crossman M1 BB carbine please. fair to good condition, original metal box mag.
    No idea of value...

Smile Crosman mk1 bb carbine

hi, lawrie amatruda on here will let you know, kind rgds.. J.S.D.

Assuming the metal mag functions, at least £150, maybe £200.

Wood (£) or plastic stock?

These make silly money both here and in the US. The metal mag is worth at least £50.

Hi Its the plastic "wood look" stock version,

To think around 1975 I bought a new plastic stock one for less than £20 from a sports shop in Bridlington that was closing down!

It was very low powered and the finish on the barrel soon started to wear after repeated cocking -- I ended up giving it away to a mate who collected the very popular Replica Guns imported by Sussex Armoury.

I bought one off here several years ago. The plastic stocked one complete with magazine, owners manual and a few other bits. I think I paid £120.

HTH
    Ian

Last edited by I. J.; 24-03-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Just about any military type Crosman model carries a premium because military guys, otherwise not attracted to airguns, buy them. The M-1 has always been very popular. I could say what they were going for a few years back but today I have no idea.

Pricing considerations. Wood vs plastic stock, the wood is close to double the value. Original mag missing has always been a big (50%) deduction. However, with replacements now available that may have changed some. Important to test fire. The "pop" valve can go bad on these, so that's important to check. No idea if any repair shops can handle this or if it can be done DIY.

Damn fun guns. One in good working order can be extremely accurate, but this seems to vary from gun to gun. I have some pictures and the story of a kid who couldn't miss with his M-1 and was so good that the dad contacted Crosman to heap praise on the gun for it's accuracy and how his young son was so good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Assuming the metal mag functions, at least £150, maybe £200.

Wood (£) or plastic stock?

These make silly money both here and in the US. The metal mag is worth at least £50.
    Bought my one with plastic stock for £150 at Bisley. It has the original metal magazine which can be hard to get, The magazine does not have to function as it is just a container to store bb's. The bb's actually are loaded into the top cover linear magazine. I owned the real General Motors M1 carbine and thought the Crosman had exactly the same stock as it. Bought a real stock at last Kempton Park show and it is longer and does not fit.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

M1

Have two plastic stock and wood stock with non original mags paid £140 each,didn't know the mags were available.I have repaired the wood stock one which was very low on power(they are not noted for their power)it had two hammers in it I've no idea why but certainly did not help.Factory service manuals(copies) were available on evil bay at one time.

Pics of both stock types here.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by grieva View Post
    .I have repaired the wood stock one which was very low on power(they are not noted for their power) it had two hammers in it I've no idea why but certainly did not help.Factory service manuals(copies) were available on evil bay at one time.
    The M-1, when in good order, has good power for a BB gun. Anytime you have very low power, the 'pop" valve is not functioning. This valve was a Crosman design that held back the air moving from the compression chamber to the barrel until a certain pressure was met and then it would "pop" open. This was designed to increase the power of the BB gun. When it fails, the velocity goes to poop.

I have not worked on these guns. Have no idea if any shop in the US does either. Spare parts for this model have never been commonly available.

Note: from my experience, functionality has little, if anything, to do with the value. Guys want these as part of their collection not to shoot.

valve is the same as a v350v3500 afaik

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsquad View Post

Hi can anyone give me a guide price on a Crossman M1 BB carbine please. fair to good condition, original metal box mag.

No idea of value...
    There was a nice clean and tidy wooden stock example at that there Kempton Airgun Fair today, which at close of play remained unsold at £150. It was on the stall three down from our Lawrie's ram-packed (and very busy) table, so imo that price simply HAS to be the max these should expect to achieve? Hope this helps? Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks !

Thank you all for all the info ! Appreciated

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    There was a nice clean and tidy wooden stock example at that there Kempton Airgun Fair today, which at close of play remained unsold at £150. It was on the stall three down from our Lawrie's ram-packed (and very busy) table, so imo that price simply HAS to be the max these should expect to achieve? Hope this helps? Atb: G.
    yeah, with no mag IIRC ?
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.