Thread: Pellet Advice ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I recently bought my 300S and put new seals in. As my local shop was out of R10 rifle, I tried R10 pistol and they were very consistent. I then got some R10 rifle and although needed to adjust sights slightly for difference, the consistency is still excellent, so in mine I have left it with R10 rifle but it would be just as good on R10 pistol.
    I have not tested other pellets as these in my 300S are far more consistent than my wobbly aim and I have managed a 58/60 score by wobbling on to the target at the right time.
    Enjoy shooting your 300's whatever pellet you choose - from what I have read, they will not be far off.

Hello to All,

As an aside, the RWS R10 Rifle pellets that I have measured, are a bit lighter than the nominal weight.

Nominal wt 8.2 gr.

Measured average weight 7.77 gr.

(Again from weighing one hundred (100) individual pellets on 5 dp lab balance).

As Zooma says, there is just something 'right' about using 'period correct' pellets in these vintage springers - mind you the RWS Meisterkuglen are excellent pellets in their own right.

I use the RWS R10 Pistol a lot in my vintage springers : I bought 40000 of them - the sleeve price I paid was not far off what I would have paid for a sleeve of Meisterkugeln

I still have some of the Eley Match pellets - I bought a lot of them, 20 or 30 thousand, from a chap in Birmingham back in the day for a very good price - looking back, almost too good to be true !!

IIRC, the Eley Match were made by H&N for Eley.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ