Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley Tacker development.

Webley Tacker development.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EY6Bd

Given the old boy a bit of a simpler more robust front end. I think it’s a visual balance and the gun certainly shoulders very well now. Wondered what the consensus was. Conscious of course that one is mucking around with a classic. But one that I intend to use and enjoy. Beautiful wood. Gun courtesy of Troubled Shooter, who as always is a gentleman and a delight to deal with.
    https://www.walnut.black

Webley Tracker development.

Thats stunning, much better looking than the standard tracker barrel with weight. I bet it's a lot quieter now too? Never liked the tracker or wanted one after shooting a new one a mate had in the 80's. I do now though, but it'd have to be yours!
    Last edited by junglie; 12-03-2018 at 06:37 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

I like that. Nice.

It's what I maybe would have had Venom do to a Tracker in 1982 if I had had a shed load more money than I had, had any great interest in owning a custom Tracker, and had better taste than I probably had back then.

I'm usually not in favour of modifying classic rifles beyond the kind of mods/extras that were available at the time, but I like this - what the Viscount would have been if Webley had had the foresight to offer a bull-barrel "varmint" version (ideally with a higher-comb stock). And the Tracker is hardly rare - I might think differently of doing that to a Falke 90.

Tracker

Lovely job I must say. Recently sold a tracker for a friend of mine. Last of the line version with the black stock. The blueing on it was out of this world. Mach 1.5

Have to agree with Geezer, a bull barrelled Viscount could have been one of Webley's finest. Is that tiger stripe natural in your stock, or enhanced in some way? It's quite striking.

I really like that, got a old one thats quite rough and the end sight is quite mauled so might be worth doing the same to it.

Looks fab!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    Have to agree with Geezer, a bull barrelled Viscount could have been one of Webley's finest. Is that tiger stripe natural in your stock, or enhanced in some way? It's quite striking.
    That stock is as it left the factory. I have another with a similar stock.

I do like the sleeved barrel, it certainly doesn't look out of place.

Gents. Thanks for your input. Relieved that the ground swell of opinion votes that it is not too OTT. I must admit that the stronger front end does work for me. I must give credit to Shaun Hill at ISP air rifles who did this for me. Top bloke. Master craftsman.

As David says the stock has a magnificent tiger stripe and is not enhanced other than how it is lit in the photos on the link.

Cheers

Hi Geoff

I hope that your well.

Your Webley Tracker looks fantastic. The stock is lovely and Shaun has done a grand job with the barrel shroud.

Kind Regards

David

Cheers D. Appreciate the note. Yes Shaun is an underestimated asset to us all. G

That's a beautiful gun, G.

Perhaps it's lost that sense of stubbyness that says 'Tracker' to me, but it's a very nice job from ISP...

(Shaun kindly serviced my Ripper for me, care of his and my mutual friend, Craig P. ).

Now that is a lovely looking Tracker. Verrrrry nice stripe on that stock.

I have a Tracker with a very similar barrel shroud, little brass insert in the end, and don't have a clue who did the work on it. Is ISP known for doing this sort of thing? It could have been one of theirs. I'll put some pictures up when I figure out how to.

Cheers
    Greg

It looks awesome!
    ATB,
    yana