Thread: Webley Tacker development.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Tacker development.

https://imgur.com/gallery/EY6Bd

Given the old boy a bit of a simpler more robust front end. I think it’s a visual balance and the gun certainly shoulders very well now. Wondered what the consensus was. Conscious of course that one is mucking around with a classic. But one that I intend to use and enjoy. Beautiful wood. Gun courtesy of Troubled Shooter, who as always is a gentleman and a delight to deal with.
    https://www.walnut.black

Webley Tracker development.

Thats stunning, much better looking than the standard tracker barrel with weight. I bet it's a lot quieter now too? Never liked the tracker or wanted one after shooting a new one a mate had in the 80's. I do now though, but it'd have to be yours!
    Last edited by junglie; 12-03-2018 at 06:37 PM.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

I like that. Nice.

It's what I maybe would have had Venom do to a Tracker in 1982 if I had had a shed load more money than I had, had any great interest in owning a custom Tracker, and had better taste than I probably had back then.

I'm usually not in favour of modifying classic rifles beyond the kind of mods/extras that were available at the time, but I like this - what the Viscount would have been if Webley had had the foresight to offer a bull-barrel "varmint" version (ideally with a higher-comb stock). And the Tracker is hardly rare - I might think differently of doing that to a Falke 90.

Tracker

Lovely job I must say. Recently sold a tracker for a friend of mine. Last of the line version with the black stock. The blueing on it was out of this world. Mach 1.5

Have to agree with Geezer, a bull barrelled Viscount could have been one of Webley's finest. Is that tiger stripe natural in your stock, or enhanced in some way? It's quite striking.