Thread: Serial Number 1.

Serial Number 1.

Good morning chaps.

I've just bought a van for a new business venture and it's already costing me money in repairs😐

That being the case I'm trying to raise a few quid to offset these unexpected costs.

A few years ago I purchased an Airwolf Tactical with serial number 1.

I can value the rifle easily enough by looking at for sale and previous for sale ads. Does the fact that this is the first off the production line add to it's value at all and if so by how much?

Any advice or opinions gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Andy

To a collector a serial number 1 would be worth more, it's difficult to say how much more, on rare guns I'd say it would easily add around 30%. To a regular user (hunter or target shooter) it makes no difference what so ever, so you need to find a collector...

Try asking this question in the collectors corner.

Thanks Nurek.

I'll try in there.

Andy

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    A genuinely interesting question - I'm not sure how many would collect items this new and what difference the serial number would make on most airguns?

I'd hazard a guess at maybe 10% or even less for something this modern - but fully appreciate that could be wa-a-ay off

The other side of the coin could be that you wait for the right speculator to come along and that could take time...

If you can find a Daystate thats not a limited edition they sell for a fortune.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    If you can find a Daystate thats not a limited edition they sell for a fortune.
    Ho ho ho
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Try the Daystate owners club id say it would rouse a bit of interest

Hot Air YouTube channel

You might be able to contact Tony Belas of Daystate via this YouTube channel he presents with Lloyd from Blackpool air rifles, maybe Daystate might want to buy it back.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnose View Post
    You might be able to contact Tony Belas of Daystate via this YouTube channel he presents with Lloyd from Blackpool air rifles, maybe Daystate might want to buy it back.
    ...... except for the fact that Tony isn't Daystate any more! He's chucked his lot in with Sterling Armaments now.

Jerry

If you have a look at Protek Supplies, on the 2nd hand 'target rifles' page at the bottom is an immaculate Daystate Mk3 Serial no.1...

It has been there for years (literally).

Don't manufacturers often keep hold of the first few serial numbers for themselves / friends of the company / gifts to their importers? (particularly #1, to stick on the office wall)?

Then of course there's the practice of starting production numbers at 1001, or 5001, etc. To give the impression that they've made more than they actually have...?

These are probably questions for the old duffers in the collectable section, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    If you have a look at Protek Supplies, on the 2nd hand 'target rifles' page at the bottom is an immaculate Daystate Mk3 Serial no.1...

It has been there for years (literally).

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/used...ir-rifles.html

The very first production model of this most successful rifle. Upgraded to current status in 2005. Thumbhole stock, adjustable butt plate, three magazines, silencer and muzzle break. Instruction manuals for first electronics and upgraded electronics. Fitted with BKL mounts. All in immaculate as new condition. A unique piece of history, collectors item that shoots superbly. .177 £895

just a guess but if it was left in its original status it may have sold before now. Its not in its original manufactured state as when it was made . That could put a collector off buying .

Like buying a 1960's sports car that has a 1980's engine fitted . Its not an original spec car .

I guess it depends on why it was upgraded - could have been a safety issue, or perhaps the original just failed to operate? I think in either case, if I were collecting rifles, I would see this as desirable, similar to "Iconic British sports car, complete with original 'widow maker' drum brakes..."?

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    I guess it depends on why it was upgraded - could have been a safety issue, or perhaps the original just failed to operate? I think in either case, if I were collecting rifles, I would see this as desirable, similar to "Iconic British sports car, complete with original 'widow maker' drum brakes..."?
    Depends if it's going to be used or hung on a wall .

Loads of people collect classic cars that get trailer to car shows and never driven So being 100% spec it rolled off the line is desirable to some .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Depends if it's going to be used or hung on a wall .

Loads of people collect classic cars that get trailer to car shows and never driven So being 100% spec it rolled off the line is desirable to some .
    Indeed, good point!