Thread: MVAC Bowman Classic charity shoot in support of Help 4 Heroes

MVAC Bowman Classic charity shoot in support of Help 4 Heroes

Bowman Classic Charity Shoot May 6th 2018

Meon Valley Airgun Club along with the sponsors Bowman Ales have agreed that year’s event is to be held as a charity shoot in support of Help for Heroes.

Following on from the very successful format that MVAC have used, this year’s shoot will be another HFT & Tactical Gamble fun challenge with an HFT pistol shoot.

The date for this fantastic event (and one that should not be missed) is set for May 6th at MVAC Hen Woods site.

There will be a prize raffle draw and Help 4 Heroes goodies.

The Airgun Industry has been very generous in supporting this competition, having donated a huge number of prizes, so please bring plenty of money with you

We will also have our wonderful burger van on site to make sure you don’t go hungry.

The format for the Charity shoot will be:

UKAHFT 20 pegs, 20 Targets

Tactical Gamble 25 pegs, 25 Targets

HFT
    The HFT part of the course is 20 pegs, 20 Target, 2018 UKAHFT rules apply.

(no that’s not a typo, yes only 20 targets ��)

Scoring, 2 for a kill, 1 for a plate and 0 for a miss.

Tactical Gamble

The Tactical Gamble part of the course will consist of 25 pegs, 25 Target’s between 8 & 45 yards, shot either Standing or Kneeling.

Shots must be Standing or Kneeling Only.

When you approach each lane and BEFORE you look through the scope you must decide/elect to shoot or not to shoot the target.

Scoring is:
    Zero (0) Points for no shot fired (if you decided not to shoot that target)

Kneeling Shots
    + 2 Point for a Kill – 2 Points for a plate or a miss

Standing Shots
    + 3 Point for a Kill – 3 Points for a plate or a miss

HFT Pistol
    A 15-target fun pistol shoot will be available for those that wish to take part, you can use your own pistol or one that will be provided by MVAC, and your chance to win a pack of Bowman’s Ale (if a Junior win than an alterative prize will be available) there will be a small donation of a £1 to enter the Pistol shoot.
    Highest overall total score from the 2 disciplines will be the overall winner.

There will also be a Winner’s class in the HFT as well as the Tactical Gamble

We will be combining the .22/Recoiling as one Class.

Trophy’s for:
    1st & 2nd, Open Class
    1st & 2nd, .22/Recoiling Class
    1st & 2nd, Veteran Class (60 yrs. and over)
    1st & 2nd, Junior Class.

The Winner’s of each class (Juniors an alternative prize will be available) + the highest scoring .22 and Recoiling shooter & the Overall Champion will all receive a pack of Bowman BEER!

Entry is just £10.00 per adult or £5.00 per junior, which buys you a fantastic fun day. Signing-in is from 8.30am, with the safety brief at 9.50am and a start time of 10.00am

MVAC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by happydad; 24-04-2018 at 04:12 PM.
    HFT.......SAVED MY SANITY 🤡
    59er HW100 barreled Steyr Lg110 + Sightron s111 10×42
    Beware the man with one gun.

Not long now, and with some great news, donations are arriving thick and fast with raffle prizes from Air Arms, MTC, Brocock, Deben, The Shooting Party, Viking Arms, Bicester Targets, CompAir, Portsmouth Gun Centre, Midland Clothing, Edger Brothers, Custom Targets and Target -Air ltd to name but a few, there's plenty for you to try and win.

I have now included a Ladies class with 1st and 2nd place trophy's and wine to win, PLUS for the first time there will also be a winners trophy for the HFT pistol shoot.

Look forward to seeing you all at the Bowman Classic charity shoot on the 6th May.

Mike

still reckon a walk by should incur a penalty for being a chicken
    "The Countback kid always misses peg 1"

The Bowman Classic
    Charity Shoot May 6th, 2018

COUNT DOWN TO THE BIG EVENT

7 days to go!

GREAT NEWS with Optics Warehouse & MacWet both adding to the long list of companies now supporting the

BOWMAN CLASSIC CHARITY SHOOT IN SUPPORT OF HELP 4 HEROES

And it doesn't stop there, Custom Targets will be on hand to answer all your questions about their great products.
    The list of sponsors is: Air Arms, Brocock, MTC, Deben. The Shooting Party, Viking Arms, Midland Clothing, CompAir, Portsmouth Gun Centre, Custom Targets, Target Air-ltd, Bicester Targets, Optics Warehouse, MacWet, Printline & Whitaker Tankers.

And I am hopeful of one or two more.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Sunday and remember that the Sun always shines at Hen Woods.
    ATB
    Mike

Myself and junior are looking forward to it

[QUOTE=risingfriend;7490254]Myself and junior are looking forward to it [/QUOT

It will be great to see you both there.

6 DAYS TO GO!

And yes, I have more great news, with Best Fittings now joining the list of companies in supporting the Bowman Classic charity shoot, donating a superb prize for the raffle.....so even more reason to come along to Hen Woods this Sunday.

M