Thread: Bi Pod?

Bi Pod?

Hi,

just got a nearly new AA 410 and am looking for an inexpensive Bi-Pod? seen them from around £12 to £200 looking for something easy to fit and remove and not over £50

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Save a Cow!

Eat a Vegetarian

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I suppose it depends how much you want to pay - £12 is very cheap and cheerful and probably too cheap to do the job TBH, but £200 is getting on for half the price of a second hand A410, and I would have thought overkill on such a rifle, so probably cheapish, but not crap is what your looking for?

I'll email you a picture of a few I have and don't use as most of my shooting is off a bag or a £300 bi pod for the more serious stuff.

Thanks

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Harris

Harris are the best like

harris bi pod is what you want, the best for the money and you will never have to replace it, had mine for years

For 50 quid you will be buying tat.
    Even 2nd hand it will still be tat.
    Your asking for a silk purse from a sows ear.
    Use an improvised bean bag and save up some cash.
    On the whole...Harris does hat it says on the tin. You need to decide if you want pan and tilt and if the legs are to be notched or locked with the thumb wheel.
    Harris are oft.copied. never bettered.
    Like many I have trodden the path and wasted shed loads on tat kit. Its pointless and it will let you down.
    My harris is well old now. Never let me down and is as good.now as the day I bought it.
    Even 2nd hand...a harris is likely to serve you better than a cheapo that looks like a harris.
    You will find something that will get you through but really....buy once. Buy right.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Bi-pod

My first posting on Airgunbbs. Hello !

Earlier this year I bought a couple of £9.99, Harris copies, made in China from . I thought it worth a try. No great loss if they fell apart after a couple of weeks. They didn't. One's even handling the recoil of a 7.62 ! No failure yet. I kid you not. I'm amazed. One has the word 'Excelvan' on the side. I hope this is of interest.

Over the years I've had many bipods from many makers, Harris, Deben, Shooters ridge, Bisley & unnamed.

The only one that ever caused a problem was the Bisley as the frame bent where the springs attach.

For what it is worth I've recently brought a dirt cheap bipod off a well known auction site and whilst I understand only too well 'you get what you pay for' it seems solid enough for my needs. Have no idea who actually makes it and care not if honest.

Buyer beware but don't right something off just because.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sijar View Post
    My first posting on Airgunbbs. Hello !

Earlier this year I bought a couple of £9.99, Harris copies, made in China from . I thought it worth a try. No great loss if they fell apart after a couple of weeks. They didn't. One's even handling the recoil of a 7.62 ! No failure yet. I kid you not. I'm amazed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhamster View Post
    For what it is worth I've recently brought a dirt cheap bipod off a well known auction site and whilst I understand only too well 'you get what you pay for' it seems solid enough for my needs. Have no idea who actually makes it and care not if honest.

Buyer beware but don't right something off just because.

Thanks.
    Yep - so did I. Chinese tat off that there famous internet web site. Thats my third. Non have failed. I used it in last nights 50m bench resting competition @ Rochdale A.G.C. (A A FT500) and came second - so they cant be that bad. And me a pistol shooter.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

just drop the cash on the right height Harris. It'll last a lifetime and I can say from experience of both Harris and it's clones; you can't beat the real deal.
    I have never regretted buying a real Harris, and had I not 'experimented' with clones I could have two real ones rather than one real and a heap of s***.